Car PC

f1anatic

Car PC Survey  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Car PC Survey

• I have a Car PC and I love it
    • I want a Car PC but I lack the know-how or the money for it
    • I gave up on Car PC: too much time/money/effort
    • Interesting concept but I chose a brand name aftermarket infotainment unit
    • A windshield mount GPS navi and an I-POd will serve me just as fine
    • FTMW: This thread delivers !

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bmac, did I ever send you the updated files like I promised?

I made another change to clean them up a bit:

Nope sir you sure did not!

Hah, if you wouldn't mind, shoot me those files.

Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me what software you're running behind RR.

ie:

Music Program

DVD Program & Version (if you have one installed)

Any plug-ins

Etc. etc. etc.

I ask because I have Centrafuse XLE, but I miss iG3 (although I can use it within CF with a plug-in, CF covers quite a bit which I don't like). I would like to go back to RR, but I had a heck of a time getting all my software running like it should. Also, I had the standard interface which looked like Junk, yours is a piece of beauty.

More the reason to switch back!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Hah.

Yeah, I don't watch DVD's while driving either (honestly). Just one of those nice things to show off.

How's iG4? I've seen a lot about it, not sure if I'm willing to crank out the dough to get it since I already have iG3 (although I know iG4 took some major steps forward).

I have a setting for CF to give more screen space to IG3 ! You have to go in the plugin settings and change some parameters (easy enough in notepad) and upon maximizing, the music buttons (play, pause, fwd, rew) disappear and IG3 covers that space as well.

I'll have to check it out.

f1anatic, could you elaborate on which parameters you speak of?

That was my main gripe with the iG3 plug-in, becuase I hated that it covered the "ETA", etc. down on that little bar.

Also, do you know if anyone has gotten an iPod to work with CF, RR, etc? Streetdeck supposedly works, and CF has the USB button for music, but doesn't recognize my iPod. I'm assuming that I have to set it as an external HD in order for it to work, but I do not want to do so, as it will mess with syncing with my computer.

I can send you my customized plugin if you so desire. Mine still displays the ETA, speed, etc but when maximized - there are no music buttons. To get back to that - I have to minimize the display (max and min - imize are used to describe the size of the iguidance window within centrafuse - NOT in the windows meaning).

Actually here it is

this is the relevant code for modifing the position of the ig window within the skin:

<APPX>0</APPX>

<APPY>51</APPY>

<APPWIDTH>848</APPWIDTH>

<APPHEIGHT>270</APPHEIGHT>

<FULLAPPX>0</FULLAPPX>

<FULLAPPY>51</FULLAPPY>

<FULLAPPWIDTH>848</FULLAPPWIDTH>

<FULLAPPHEIGHT>353</FULLAPPHEIGHT>

Thanks, appreciated.

So, to get this straight, before messing with the code, it would almost completely cover the ETA-etc correct?

Mine covers about 2/3 of that bar with the music controls.

Hold it. That setting allows you to get more screen space for the IG3 when using the maximize window feature. To be exact...when you hit IG3 on the touchscreen, it will embed it. At the top there will be the music song display, then the IG3 buttons - dest, view, menu, maximize (right hand corner) and at the button the music buttons (rew, pause-play, fwd). With my setting, when you hit maximize, you get just the IG3 window.

there are ways to cover the info panel at the bottom of the IG3 window but I did not want that. You just keep messing with the window size of that plugin and you get what you want.

But here it is - in unclear pictures...what I mean:

31371326_DSCF4684(Small).JPG.5ca09a2492a773a03bfa4acd24ba7360.JPG

239894109_DSCF4685(Small).JPG.2e0c1cf545513f9e5ae381097451db1b.JPG

Hold it. That setting allows you to get more screen space for the IG3 when using the maximize window feature. To be exact...when you hit IG3 on the touchscreen, it will embed it. At the top there will be the music song display, then the IG3 buttons - dest, view, menu, maximize (right hand corner) and at the button the music buttons (rew, pause-play, fwd). With my setting, when you hit maximize, you get just the IG3 window.

there are ways to cover the info panel at the bottom of the IG3 window but I did not want that. You just keep messing with the window size of that plugin and you get what you want.

But here it is - in unclear pictures...what I mean:

Not bad not bad. Yes, I did not want to hide the info panel either, I like that information. When I hit that maximize/minimize button, it hides/shrinks the music info bar up-top, but does not change the bottom. As of now, my CF music bar covers about 2/3 of that info bar.

Like you said, I'm assuming that I can play with the sizing in the plug-in to get a nice layout.

I just got Seb's RR skin working, had to do some code editing for resizing for my screen, make text/font larger, etc.

But Sebberry, the problem I'm having now is that the skin doesn't hide/send-to-back Winamp upon launch like the BVM skin does. Any idea which line of code I should add/edit to make this happen?

Thanks guys.

That TMR screen pops up every now and then. It is a good alternative to a full transflective. 600nits is considered the very very minimum for daylight readability. My only concern is the heat difference with the high brightness, but I don't think anyone has measured.

I just bought some 3M film to retrofit into my LCD, plus I'm also doing something with the touch screen to help improve the contrast.

I'll finally be joining you guys hopefully again today; Going to finally be putting everything back in.

My biggest hope is that my iPhone will work/communicate with Phoco in CF. I'm crossing my fingers, but we'll see what happens.

Supposedly iPhones can connect to nothing other than a BT headset, but my iPhone paired easily and successfully with my Mother's Audi Q7. I was able to send calls, receive calls, read my SMS, and use the entire functionality of my address book.

I was surprised, as this is "supposedly" not possible (especially according to mp3c@r.com forums). ::fingers crossed::

figure this is a good place to ask anybody have experience with this bolt in kit? says no dash modification but what do they mean by that? Would I not have to go the bondo and re-painting route to get a nice fit in my dash?

BMac, had you a chance to read your PMs?

(I'm sorry for making you guys reading this but I could not get in touch with him in other ways.)

Yeah, I've been sayin' Id get back to you so many times, I'm sorry. This week has been crazy. HONESTLY, expect a reply by Sunday evening, promise.

figure this is a good place to ask anybody have experience with this bolt in kit? says no dash modification but what do they mean by that? Would I not have to go the bondo and re-painting route to get a nice fit in my dash?

If you're speaking of the one that I think you are, it is not a bolt-in kit for our cars. I know that we're on the list of compatible models, but it's not at all true, and I'm not sure why they put us on there in the first place.

The kit (if its what I think) is for WRX's only.

The only way to get something in the dash of our car's is to A) have a 2.5i, or B) Hack-up the radio & boards.

Or, you can put it in the cubby; which requires modifications.

sorry forgot to add the link its a product on MP3car.com

http://store.mp3car.com/Subaru_WRX_bolt_in_kit_with_toushcreen_p/dsh-013.htm

sorry forgot to add the link its a product on MP3car.com

http://store.mp3car.com/Subaru_WRX_bolt_in_kit_with_toushcreen_p/dsh-013.htm

Yes, that is the one that I was thinking of (but didn't want to point it out hah).

It is NOT compatible with our cars, or the outback for that matter. It might possibly fit in the 2.5i with the dash kit from Crutchfiled maybe? But NOT LGT's. This is false information, upset me when I saw it a while ago; and hoping that no one has bought it and been disappointed!