LegacyGT.com

Car & Driver - The Quickest Cars of 2007: $25K-30K.

Atroz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not really, but ok. MSRP for a base RS is just shy of $30k with no options, features, etc. Does and RS even have AC? I mean, I get the point, but there's realistically no way you'll be walking out the door with a new EVO for less than $30k.

The same question crossed my mind. The article indicates that the difference is that the automatics are easier to launch.

Yeah, the clutch on the MT hangs down from the ceiling.:icon_mrgr

Since when does a car qualify twice, with separate transmissions?

Average the times, or list is once under the faster of the options...

But the same car (and solstice and sky are the same car.) should not be on the list in two positions. It is a top nine list, not a top ten list.

Legacy has it all over every one of those cars. Impala SS and GP-GXP... FWD V8 Torque-steer machines? Puh-lease. it may qualify for the list, but it pales in comparison to RWD and is positively pathetic in comparison to AWD. Mustang, sure... for a RWD coupe... but HEAVY, and after you get to 60mph, hopefully there isn't any rough pavement or curves, or both.

Are all the 07's even out yet? Surprised there's no Mazdaspeed 3 on there considering a lot of guys say its faster then the MS6. Dodge is also coming out with the Caliber SRT4 which is supposed to be 300 awd and stick.

subaru reprsent although they said the car has mechanical issues

Yeah, if you read back in the Car & Driver report for their long term evaluation of the Legacy, they didn't do themselves any favors by filling it with diesel fuel... :lol:

http://www.caranddriver.com/longroadtests/11295/long-term-test-review-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited.html

They did have quite a few mechanical issues. Bad spark plug, infamous roached wheel bearings, and a borked clutch. MT issues are tough to assign blame to, many people don't know how to properly drive a MT and burn up clutches. I've probably driven 350,000 mi. on three MT cars and never replaced a clutch. Sounds like their test car had a bad clutch right from the get-go.

Spark plug -- weird.

Clutch -- don't know, could go either way.

Bearings -- Worrisome. This seems to be a problem that plagues Subies. I replaced two in our Outback by 40k mi.

I find it hard to take one reviewers problems and extend it across and entire fleet, but it is certainly something to keep an eye on.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Are all the 07's even out yet? Surprised there's no Mazdaspeed 3 on there considering a lot of guys say its faster then the MS6. Dodge is also coming out with the Caliber SRT4 which is supposed to be 300 awd and stick.

the list is of cars priced between $25k and $30k. the mazdaspeed 3, as well as the wrx, fall below that price point (according to their rules)

Archived