LegacyGT.com

Car & Driver - The Quickest Cars of 2007: $25K-30K.

Atroz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
see above. post #26

lame

The 70-0 braking numbers on the GT are pathetic..195 ft?! The Mazdaspeed 6 does it in 45 less feet. Thats crazy.

That has to be an anomaly

Motortrend 122 ft for a spec.B

edmunds 137.8 ft/133.89 ft on separate occasions for gt ltd

modernracer.com has 130 ft for gt ltd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RE92s FTL

Agreed. They affected the skidpad, too. Compare with the 2007 spec.B with the same exact brakes at 122 to 130 ft. That kind of difference is not all due to suspension on a slightly heavier car.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I can't believe there is not one Honda listed!

C&D mag must be off Hondas payroll:lol: :lol:

well when C&D has an article based on objectivity... they still find a way to fudge it up with a car listed twice by transmission. Hondas win in C&D based on subjectivity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The title of the article should be, "Top Ten 0 to 60/quarter mile times for cars between 25K and 30K" Throw these cars out on a race track and find out the right way. If anyone has to drive/fly to Texas for an EVO RS, then it's not under 30K. Having the same car listed twice was a huge mistake. Title change "Top Nine Cars......" This article is just a crock of shit to fill empty space. I wish I could cancel my Car and Driver subscription.

Car and Driver is very biased. What's next? Honda Civic 4 door versus a Mercedez E63 AMG and the Honda wins on subjective points.

I still stunned that someone on their payroll actually filled the tank with diesel. I thought the post above was a joke.

I would expect my 88-year old grandmother, who knows zero about cars, to be able to fill up the tank properly with non-diesel fuel. That's just flat-out embarassing for a magazine that purports to be car experts. I surprised they even published that fact. I would have thought they would want to hide away in shame.

not really, but ok. MSRP for a base RS is just shy of $30k with no options, features, etc. Does and RS even have AC? I mean, I get the point, but there's realistically no way you'll be walking out the door with a new EVO for less than $30k.

join Evolutionm.net

you can get an RS for a lot less than 30k, and people are even getting the GSR with no sun and sound package for less than 30K

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

The title of the article should be, "Top Ten 0 to 60/quarter mile times for cars between 25K and 30K" Throw these cars out on a race track and find out the right way. If anyone has to drive/fly to Texas for an EVO RS, then it's not under 30K. Having the same car listed twice was a huge mistake. Title change "Top Nine Cars......" This article is just a crock of shit to fill empty space. I wish I could cancel my Car and Driver subscription.

Car and Driver is very biased. What's next? Honda Civic 4 door versus a Mercedez E63 AMG and the Honda wins on subjective points.

HB mitsu, South coast mitsu...will almost always sell an evo for invoice or less

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Lookslikeanevo has a solid point. This shows why Mitsubishi is well on its way to being out of business. An 07 model being sold in January of 2007 below invoice. What a joke!!

Not sure if I completely agree with you man, have you seen the 08 EVO? HAAAAAAAAAAAWTTTTTTTTT

Prolly because of that...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Lookslikeanevo has a solid point. This shows why Mitsubishi is well on its way to being out of business. An 07 model being sold in January of 2007 below invoice. What a joke!!

You mean like 07 Subarus? :hide:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

You mean like 07 Subarus? :hide:

Exactly.

I could have bought a 2007 Legacy in August 2006 for way less than invoice. Nearly $2k below, a 2007 2.5i manual wagon for $19k even before taxes.

We like the way the 2.5GT looks and drives, but we don't so much love the reliability record of the example in our long-term vehicle fleet, which suffered some drivability and mechanical issues.

Proper protocol when tossing a grenade is to yell, "fire in the hole", before doing so as a warning to others. Nice passing comment that has nothing to do with the subject matter of the article there C&D.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I just got my Car and Driver February 2007 Issue. They have an article titled, "Six Mid Size, Mid Priced Family Sedans." You guys can guess who's missing. They included a freaking Chrysler Sebring, but forgot about the Leacgy? I'm definately not re-subscribing to this crap. Take a wild guess as to who wins? I knew who won without reading the damn article. It was sickening to see the Accord with a big 1 next to it (even if it deserves it). At least with the quickest car article, they remember the Legacy existed.

So it's a shell of a car, "which foregoes amenities such as power windows and locks, a radio, sound deadening" (and A/C I have a feeling). All that for 30k?

Mitsu is laughing all the way to the bank. Taking the POS Mirage and turning it into even less of a car (HP aside) and charging nearly double? Now that's marketing!

I just got my Car and Driver February 2007 Issue. They have an article titled, "Six Mid Size, Mid Priced Family Sedans." You guys can guess who's missing. They included a freaking Chrysler Sebring, but forgot about the Leacgy? I'm definately not re-subscribing to this crap. Take a wild guess as to who wins? I knew who won without reading the damn article. It was sickening to see the Accord with a big 1 next to it (even if it deserves it). At least with the quickest car article, they remember the Legacy existed.

Funny that you mention that. I got mine last week and was thinking the EXACT same thing.

:soap_box: :soap_box: :soap_box: :soap_box: :argue: :argue:

:munch:

We like the way the 2.5GT looks and drives, but we don't so much love the reliability record of the example in our long-term vehicle fleet, which suffered some drivability and mechanical issues.

Proper protocol when tossing a grenade is to yell, "fire in the hole", before doing so as a warning to others. Nice passing comment that has nothing to do with the subject matter of the article there C&D.

I wonder if they were experiencing the dreaded studder.

Archived