LegacyGT.com

HELP! AP v2 car wont start!

integroid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try loading a base HEX map for your car. You can get that from osecuroms.org .

Once you load the base map, you may be able to get it working. If you can't even use ECUFlash, then the bootstrap is still corrupt or the ECU is actually fried.

Have you checked your main relay, main fuse and the ecu fuse? Those would prevent you from seeing your ecu.

Last resort is to send it back to Cobb or build that boot mode programmer (I posted the diagram above).

You will need to order one of those USB-SERIAL boards I listed in that post and the the 555 timer chip and a few resistors/caps. If the ECU is still good, that programmer would allow you to bench flash the ECU yourself.

Sorry guys, I just got my car back. Apparently my friend did not have one of the connectors all the way plugged in. Everything is golden now....Car runs, stage 2 map loaded and I am having a blast with it. Thanks for all of your help!

Sorry guys, I just got my car back. Apparently my friend did not have one of the connectors all the way plugged in. Everything is golden now....Car runs, stage 2 map loaded and I am having a blast with it. Thanks for all of your help!

wheres that tard smiley when you need it... :lol:

good, deal and have fun... :icon_cool

You did unplug the green TEST connector after the flash right? If you did then the ECU is fried. But hey, so is mine.. It will cost you about $800 if Cobb can't fix it.

Where exactly is this test connecter? I know it is in the passenger side, behind the fan motor somewhere, but I honestly can't see it.

If your car has never been flashed, it will be tucked quite neatly under the carpet above where the passenger's left foot would be. I had to fish around for a while to find mine. You could also rip the carpet up, but I didn't want to do that.

• 6 months later...
If your car has never been flashed, it will be tucked quite neatly under the carpet above where the passenger's left foot would be. I had to fish around for a while to find mine. You could also rip the carpet up, but I didn't want to do that.

Ripping the carpet up is easy and is goes right back.

• 8 months later...
So after pcm is replaced it's safe to say the AP needs to be sent back to get unlocked?

If you did not unmarry your AP before you had your ECU replaced, you will have to send the AP back to cobb and pay like $350 to ahve them unmarry the unit.

Archived