LegacyGT.com

BIG reminder about the Stock tires

700watts

Ok,

I just switched back to my stock wheels and tires....This morning I was going around one of my favorite exit ramp or on-ramp to 95s (32E to 95S) and quickly found out that COLD weather + Cold asphalt + Stock tires = Tight ARse ....Gentlemen let me tell ya.... I thought for a slit second "this isn't good" but we kept it together and merged in.... To make a long story short, stock tires suck :cool: “re92s ?” I think….

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I put my stock rims with RE92's back on recently too. I was rather surprised with their ability in rain, snow, and ice last winter. Not a dedicated performer in any specific condition, but predictable and managable for me. They will come off in the spring for good, replaced when Tirerack unloads their warehouses of winter rubber.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Not overdriving RE92s... with a turbocharged AWD car...

That is like telling a cat not to scratch the furniture. It is a cat. with claws. it is going to scratch no matter how sternly you warn it... :D

Just one of those things that happens without even really meaning to. I have to keep from over-driving my snow tires, too. I periodically forget, and "pass with extreme prejudice"... then whoa.... gotta slow down.

And yes... the thread, it spins again.

Tirerack unloads their warehouses of winter rubber.

You might be disappointed. Winter rubber is seasonal and chances are stock, is well gone by the spring.

Not overdriving RE92s... with a turbocharged AWD car...

That is like telling a cat not to scratch the furniture. It is a cat. with claws. it is going to scratch no matter how sternly you warn it... :D

Just one of those things that happens without even really meaning to. I have to keep from over-driving my snow tires, too. I periodically forget, and "pass with extreme prejudice"... then whoa.... gotta slow down.

While I agree, it take a great deal of restraint to not over drive the RE92, it is however possible.

And your example of a cat is probably the correct for the majority of cats, but my cat is an example of the opposite.. :)

here we go again...

Yes.

I'm glad to read another thread on the demonic RE-92's. They are spawned from HELL obviously. How could they have been made? Is Bridgestone trying to kill us all with this brutal design?:rolleyes:

Should we start up a class action suit of some kind?:lol:

you guys are on drugs

i run Re92

and oem clutch

on approx 400 ftlbs and 400 whp

i have yet to have an issue

drove them all last year too (winter 13+" snowstorms)

yeah if u try to over drive any tire you can pucker

stop trying to turn the streets into Laguna Seca K?

:lol::lol:

I had Re-070 on all sumer

the re92 were a welcome change to bone jarring Re070

once the graspics go on ittl be even softer

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Ok,

I just switched back to my stock wheels and tires....This morning I was going around one of my favorite exit ramp or on-ramp to 95s (32E to 95S) and quickly found out that COLD weather + Cold asphalt + Stock tires = Tight ARse ....Gentlemen let me tell ya.... I thought for a slit second "this isn't good" but we kept it together and merged in.... To make a long story short, stock tires suck :cool: “re92s ?” I think….

No, YOUR driving sucks! If the tires are so bad, there should of been dozens of class-action law suits against Subaru and Bridgestone.

If you can't adapt your driving to the conditions and equipment, you need to get your license revoked.:lol::lol:

I drive the stockers all winter at 44/42, without problems.Except they don't wanna stop on glazed-slush and harder slick. Even at factory recommended tire pressure.

I dread those road conditions in this car. But it happens so infrequently here I don't bother with snows.

As long as they can maintain some contact with the pavement, even in the rain, they seem safe if driven accordingly.

But once the slickpak is there, I leave tons of car lengths and granny it.

Yeah see, it just takes one instance in those conditions or even in snow and you end up in a dirt nap.

Ain't worth the odds statistcally, and with other tires you get much better wet traction to boot.

But by all means, put yourself and others at risk.

I didn't say the tires won't stop the vehicle. Driven according to conditions they in fact will stop the vehicle.

There's a lot of owners out there driving in winter on these without totalling, dying, or endangering others, me being one.

Yah, I have spun my car at 10 mph with RE92 when the road was wet and I hit the gas way to hard. :rolleyes:

I say it again, taking my stick and beating the horse, everyone just has to learn to not over drive these shitty tires.

Back to lurking....

:hide:

Yes they are a shitty tire but they are not even remotely close to as bad as they are made out to be. I survived a fall, winter, spring, summer and another fall on them with no major issuses, how you ask, I didn't over drive them. There are great summer and winter tires out there, but no winter tire will let you drive in snow like a summer on dry.

No tire is perfect in bad weather, there are just some that do it better then others. Watch a rally event, do they drive on snow and mud at high speeds? Yes. Do they grip the turn all the way through? No, they slide all over. They are all skill and lack of fear. Not saying you should drive like that, just making a point.

Archived