LegacyGT.com

LGT vs. LGT (at the drag strip)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee whiz..

Roll-on vs Mashing the pedal

Difference:

Mashing: Slamming the pedal to the floor in a very quick motion gives a much slower throttle response, it actually seems to delay power delivery either because of the throttle by wire or lack of boost being built or both I dunno...

Roll-on: Is when you slowly put your foot to the floor "rolling onto" the pedal, before the pedal even gets to the floor you will be flying...

It makes a *big* difference.

haha, it looks like I'm just gonna have to expirament. I was hoping to hear such and such about the suspension and....that's why the race was so close. Oh well, I think ill just install my parts and hope its worth it. I think that's a this weekend thing as long as i don't go snowboarding. Wish me luck...

For comparative purposes, here is a shot after the spring install.

the muscle car needs springs!!! hahahahahahahahhah

oh wait actually 4 less cylinders would elimante it also. how bad did it spank you?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Gee whiz..

Roll-on vs Mashing the pedal

Difference:

Mashing: Slamming the pedal to the floor in a very quick motion gives a much slower throttle response, it actually seems to delay power delivery either because of the throttle by wire or lack of boost being built or both I dunno...

Roll-on: Is when you slowly put your foot to the floor "rolling onto" the pedal, before the pedal even gets to the floor you will be flying...

It makes a *big* difference.

First, thank you for taking a stab at the question. I know what one vs. the other is. What I wanted to know and what I think vet probably wanted was the why (the mechanical/technical explanation of what makes the car do this). From your response and others I'm thinking this is just something people have noticed either with their butt dyno and or drag times and something that there is no explanation for...yet.

First, thank you for taking a stab at the question. I know what one vs. the other is. What I wanted to know and what I think vet probably wanted was the why (the mechanical/technical explanation of what makes the car do this). From your response and others I'm thinking this is just something people have noticed either with their butt dyno and or drag times and something that there is no explanation for...yet.

Im pretty sure it is the throttle by wire, so when you mash the pedal it basically does nothing, whereas when you roll-on you seem to be close to full power by the time you have depressed the pedal halfway.

Verifyed by many a butt dyno on this board, as for the exact technical answer I dunno but that "feature" of the car gets tuned out when ppl go stage I or II so its not a mechanical thing its the way they setup the throttle response.

dragsters yes...but dragsters are not AWD...

our car is still sending power to the fronts - power that is not fully exploited if the nose is up in the air

isn't the whole point of awd to send more power to the wheels that have traction. if there is a loss of traction up front, more power goes to the rear wheels.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Yeah, Sandwood, that's kinda what I thought. Even when I launch really hard I barely get a chirp, so I guessed that the power was just hitting the ground one way or another... but I will buy into the argument about the springs/shocks absorbing some energy actually... I could see that making a diiference.

The thing is, with muscle cars (which I am more used to, sorry), the benefits of getting the weight over the rear end (greatly enhanced by getting the nose up) with extra traction far outweigh any loss through suspension... different rules.

And FWIW, I dont fully buy the "it aint a V8" story. A built V8 doesn't make much power down low either. My Barracuda is good for about 400 crank HP (it's a 340 smallblock), and it doesn't wake up 'till about 3500. Of course, it'll spin the tires all day long, which is fun as heck, but not the fastest way to get down the track.

Pete

the muscle car needs springs!!! hahahahahahahahhah

oh wait actually 4 less cylinders would elimante it also. how bad did it spank you?

I ran a 13.4 and he ran a 12.99. Not too far off... he sure looked surprised :icon_mrgr

Archived