LegacyGT.com

legacy or m3?

tahoe

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) Not going to find an '02 E46 w/ SMG + Nav for under $30k, just not going to happen. It may be 2012 before those cars are under $25k w/ 100,000+ miles on them.

2.) BMTroubleW are about as good as Audi's as far as reliability. I like driving to work in a kick ass car that I know is going to get me or my wife to work.... each day, every day. Sure, there's always the unknown, but Subaru's proven track record is far superior to BMW's.

3.) 250BHP out of the gates is pretty damn good. Sure the M has 333BHP but that's normally asperated as well. I'd save the coin you'd spend on a stock M3 and mod the GT.

Those are my thoughts, but again, not my choice. I'm planning to get an E46 someday but not anytime soon. A dream car really (IMO) shouldn't be purchased until you're at LEAST over 30 yrs old if not older. Makes you appreciate things better if you play your cards that way.

Here is a very nice car on eBay, you could most likely get it for just under 30k but not much less.

If you can get that M for anything close to that price I'd be all over it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-2002-BMW-M3-2002-BMW-M3-TOPAZ-BLUE-SMG-1OWNER-H-K-XENONS-WARRANTY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6131QQhashZitem300050537182QQihZ020QQitemZ300050537182QQrdZ1

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

1.) Not going to find an '02 E46 w/ SMG + Nav for under $30k, just not going to happen. It may be 2012 before those cars are under $25k w/ 100,000+ miles on them.

2.) BMTroubleW are about as good as Audi's as far as reliability. I like driving to work in a kick ass car that I know is going to get me or my wife to work.... each day, every day. Sure, there's always the unknown, but Subaru's proven track record is far superior to BMW's.

3.) 250BHP out of the gates is pretty damn good. Sure the M has 333BHP but that's normally asperated as well. I'd save the coin you'd spend on a stock M3 and mod the GT.

Those are my thoughts, but again, not my choice. I'm planning to get an E46 someday but not anytime soon. A dream car really (IMO) shouldn't be purchased until you're at LEAST over 30 yrs old if not older. Makes you appreciate things better if you play your cards that way.

what am i allowed to buy before Im 30?

The wife and I found a loaded 05' M3 Convertible w/ 6,000 miles. We dickered the price down to 47,500.

Good deal? I think so...the wife will be selling her RX-8 and going faster! Its a sweet car, but I love my LGT. Although I wouldn't hate it if she wanted to trade for a day or two.

Have you driven an SMG equipped M3 before? Its really not a smooth transmission at all unless you are hammering it. And you really can get a 2002 M3 for $23K??

Where can you get an M3 2002 with SMG for 23k, I would buy it immediately and resell it. that is a great price.

Semper Fi.

Yes, a house is a much better investment than a car. Living in a $47,000 car gets a little "stiff" after a while.

hmmm..just sold one of those. it fit pretty good in the garage so i slept in my bed instead. i just bought some $400 golf shoes. i hope that you're ok with that. if not i can try to resell them or something. ive worn them already so i probably cant return em :(

Archived