LegacyGT.com

Those of you who bought black cars...

A black good looking car (like the Legacy), when clean and polished is pure sex on wheels. unfortunately it only lasts a few hours...and the hairline scratches are visible to a trained eye.

Black is the fastest colour though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A black good looking car (like the Legacy), when clean and polished is pure sex on wheels. unfortunately it only lasts a few hours...and the hairline scratches are visible to a trained eye.

Black is the fastest colour though.

^+1

Black adds 10hp, that's why all the badass rides in movies are black.

Given overall poor paint quality on Subbies - how is OBP holding up? Q. especially for those who have had the car for 2 years or longer?

I can't speak to the Legacy OBP, but My 2003 MBP RS is looking just fine.

It was, however, a 100% outdoor car for 2 years of its life, and the bird shats are definitely visible scars, as are the parking lot door dings :(

I think I actually cried the first time I came out of work and had a huge white mar on my driver's side door where someone opened their Excursion sized cavern cover into it.

Heh, I had a red legacy... which I traded in for a black legacy.

No speeding tickets with me red legacy.

So far, I've had the black one for a few weeks. Today I drove by two cops..

One time I was running a yellow light fairly late.. it was pretty close to red. Nothing.

Second time, I was speeding about 10 over the limit, with a cop doing some radar on the side of the road. Nothing. although it did give me a jitter since I 've noticed cops do treat different types of cars differently. But so far, nothing too bad from the Subaru.

Do you think that black is a cop magnet to some extent, too? (like red is supposed to be)

Well, this would be an 05 and garaged at home and hopefully covered at work. I am in a brand new building and we may get covered parking for all of the inconveniences we've been through.

Cloth is a must with a black car down here.

B

I don't really find it that hard to keep clean, except in the winter snow time when it's expected to have a rugged ass looking sport sedan! I guess I get it super washed (triple wax etc.) every two or three weeks. It's like getting a haircut. plus the other colors are a no no for me. I guess I'd get the Diamond grey (07 spec B color) or if they had a decent white I'd pick that up too.

Each black car I say I will not get another.... and I just keep buying them...they look so goos when clean...especially with chrome wheels, ... but keep them waxed good seems to be easier to keep clean.....guy down the street has white and I really like the white on the LGT :icon_wink

gt4.JPG.e7f470bd450c1a8e2d722d2565c56dfa.JPG

Black is a PITA, but when it is clean and polished, no color looks better.

I had a Flemenco Black Pearl Accord for 9 years. It took a lot of work over the years, but when I traded it in for the LGT the dealer was floored at how good the paint looked. The LGT is GRP, it swore I'd never do black again.

Until I bought the wifey's Forester XT a couple of weeks ago, yep, OBP.

I must be an idiot.

Damn it looks good though.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Man when I first saw those flakes I was pissed! I think MB is the only car company who has a JET BLACK paint stock with no pearl in it (could be wrong). I've learned to overlook it now though.

Mini does. We had a non-metallic black one and it's so much harder to deal with than a metallic. Micro scratches show up even worse.

I like the LGT in black though. I'd buy that color again.

You are aware that if you wanted black, that's not the only one, right?

I've never understood that about some ppl. From selling cars I saw it all the time and it still never made any sense. What's on the lot, is not the only cars out there. I always had sales ppl tell me that "We don't have that color." and stuff like that, I never paid any attention to it, you'll get exactly what I want, if you can't find it, order it.

If you have been swayed to black and really want black, tell them you want it, they'll get it for you. I don't see why anyone ever settles when they buy a new car. You should get EXACTLY what you want.

Not just no, but HELL NO....... Unless the earth stopped creating dust and it was always overcast, them maybe. I thought modding the Legacy was going to be my new hobbie NOT waxing and washing and waxing and washing and waxing and washing and waxing and washing.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

You are aware that if you wanted black, that's not the only one, right?

I've never understood that about some ppl. From selling cars I saw it all the time and it still never made any sense. What's on the lot, is not the only cars out there. I always had sales ppl tell me that "We don't have that color." and stuff like that, I never paid any attention to it, you'll get exactly what I want, if you can't find it, order it.

If you have been swayed to black and really want black, tell them you want it, they'll get it for you. I don't see why anyone ever settles when they buy a new car. You should get EXACTLY what you want.

If I were buying new then I WOULD get exactly what I wanted but since I am buying used I have to either wait or make a compromise.

Brian

I personally love the black on the LGT, but you might not.

I got a chance to check one out in partial sun the other day. Looks good. The metallic flake is VERY fine sized.

Trying to decide between Newport Blue and the OBP now. The blue is a little more unique and likely easier to care for. The OBP is just so darn cool though.

I'll mention that the official Subaru touch-up stick for OBP (from the dealer) does NOT have any specs or metallic in it - it's just black. I was disappointed to see this since I've had other metallic cars with specs in the touch up.

Archived