LegacyGT.com

Those of you who bought black cars...

Would you do it again? I live in Texas = hot. They always say it is harder to keep a black car clean...looking clean.

I am more of a silver guy but when shopping around for used 2005's I am a bit limited.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Brian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had 3 black cars, and its my favorite car "color" but sometimes I wish i went with a silver or something so every damn scratch didnt show up like a sore thumb. :(
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

black is tough to keep clean but it looks so sweet when it's shined up. I really didnt like the other color options on the LGT except for red & I can't have red it's too much of a cop magnet
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I have had a few black cars and some forest green ones.

Very hard to keep clean, and I live where it rains 6 months a year. Plus I am not a wax or polish nut, so the poor black cars needed more loving attention than I could provide them...

For my current ride, I have gone to the other end of the spectrum. Satin White.

I am very happy with it, and it hides minor dirt very well.

It is a little 'feminine' though... I must admit.

I'll likely go with some medium shade of blue for my next car. ABP Legacies look terrific, even though I first thought it was a boring shade 2 years ago. But wheels, tint, and lowering do wonders to that shade!

Only color I'd take over black would be the new diamond grey metallic which wasn't available when I got my obxt

+1, if they offered diamond grey on the SE's, i'd have a tough decision to make really soon, but since they don't...i'll take my black subie with a smile :)

Yes I'd buy black again. ALL of my previous cars except for one short-lived Maxima were black.

I don't even consider other color cars 99% of the time.

The fact that dirt shows up more on black paint is just more incentive to wash it/take care of it.

My brother has a black mustang gt and is probably the most anal dude on the planet. It's an 02 with like 5000 miles. It has never been in the rain and he never washes it, I think he just uses a California duster and Zaino detailer to clean it. All because he is worried about it scratching and has an obsession. I like silver or white because scratches don't show and then don't bother me so much.

VERY hard to keep clean, but when it is ..... nothing compares. Look closely and you'll see little blue, green, and red flakes in the paint ... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Man when I first saw those flakes I was pissed! I think MB is the only car company who has a JET BLACK paint stock with no pearl in it (could be wrong). I've learned to overlook it now though.

Man when I first saw those flakes I was pissed! I think MB is the only car company who has a JET BLACK paint stock with no pearl in it (could be wrong). I've learned to overlook it now though.

Agree. A pitch black would be the best.

I would buy OBP again in a heartbeat. Sure it's harder to keep clean, but who cares. You're on this forum because you're an enthusiast and you should have no problem keeping it clean. The only downside I've seen is that yes, it does show scratches, and the touch-up, and where my badges used to be. Go with black and don't think twice about it.

I had a all black 96 Mustang GT (Black leather, tint and outside). It was pure black paint. I once went to the dealer to get touchup paint and the guy refused to accept my word that the car was just Black. Made me go out to the car with him to confirm the colour code on the door jam. Sure enough, it was "black". :)

Next I bought a Silver WRX. Amazing colour to keep clean, even here in Canada where you get salt on the car for months.

Now I'm looking to buy a LGT wagon and can't decide what colour to buy. Black is beautiful, but a lot of work, else it looks dirty. Silver is real easy to maintain, but it's too common now. The 2 blues look nice, but I haven't gotten to see them in the Sun yet to decide if I want one of them.

I keep thinking of going back to Black with tint and dark rims, but don't know if I want the hassels of black.

How's the black that is on the new LGT's compare to the Midnight black that Subaru was using on the WRX's 5 years back? I considered that until I saw it in the Sun and didn't like all the colour flakes in it.

I personally love the black on the LGT, but you might not. When I bought mine in 05, they were offering 2 blacks, Obsidian Black Pearl, which has all the flakes in it, and Black, which was just black. I dunno what they offer now, but if you ask me, OBP is the best color, bar none.

I personally love the black on the LGT, but you might not. When I bought mine in 05, they were offering 2 blacks, Obsidian Black Pearl, which has all the flakes in it, and Black, which was just black. I dunno what they offer now, but if you ask me, OBP is the best color, bar none.

:confused:

There was just one black in Legacy line - OBP.

I love black... It is however a high maintenance color. If you get black get your windows tinted - as dark as you can (safely... and within the law if you care about those sort of things ;) )

I'd say get cloth over leather as well to mitigate the heat, but then again cloth has long been cut from the LGT lineup. So that's a no-go.

While you're at it get those windshield reflective cover thingies...

Did I mention I love cars in black? :D

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived