LegacyGT.com

Finally a DIY front lip!

Spec B

Anxiously awaiting the pics and review. I am considring this too. I rally dont think there is any realistic perfomance change with the STI lip anyway, so why not do it on the cheap if it looks nearly the same. I wonder if ther is a way to mold it to have the flip up on the ends like the JDM lip?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anxiously awaiting the pics and review. I am considring this too. I rally dont think there is any realistic perfomance change with the STI lip anyway, so why not do it on the cheap if it looks nearly the same. I wonder if ther is a way to mold it to have the flip up on the ends like the JDM lip?

I couldnt agree more. I will either do it tonight, as I left work early:icon_cool , or tomorrow morning. Either way stand by for picks...they will come.

Semper Fi.

gingertooth vbmenu_register("postmenu_1472228", true);

Name: gingertooth

Title: Registered User

ok. i gave it another look and it does look ok. but i'm sure in person it looks worse. maybe if you paint it, it would look better. i am going to smoke some crack and look at it again.

:lol:

I DID IT! Pics will be up soon, I have to go into work for a little....they will be up later.

It doesnt look bad at all, my buddies like it, one that it was a 350.00 replica, i think he is a little on crack for saying that but....it looks good.

Semper Fi.

So how would you make it go around the front corners smoothly? I'm guessing cut it half-way through? My wife used to have an SVT Focus, and the lip on it was hard rubber. It worked awesome andsaved her butt a few times on curbs. :lol: Just popped it back into place.
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

I DID IT! Pics will be up soon, I have to go into work for a little....they will be up later.

It doesnt look bad at all, my buddies like it, one that it was a 350.00 replica, i think he is a little on crack for saying that but....it looks good.

NICE! Post pics soon!

How was the install?? Did the double sides tape work?

^^

I have not tried this..but I have replaced the seal on my garage doors.. The material is pretty sturdy, it is a thick semi hard rubber. But i think it would be a good idea to seal (with black silicon) the space between the lip and the bumper just to be safe.

I havent had a problem with it bending or flapping in the wind at highway speed(80mph). I followed a friend and who had a buddy look, he said there was no movement that he could tell from the front, it is very sturdy material

Here are the pics, i didnt have time to mark out my license plate as I need to get back to work, busy today. Let me know if you have any questions and I will go into more detail about how i installed...

1833975995_Legacylip001.thumb.jpg.903150c2963bd1a3e271576298cab32d.jpg

1477339259_Legacylip002.thumb.jpg.b4e06a65eb6845e9be11620a048e2f7d.jpg

1867390532_Legacylip003.thumb.jpg.1735aa0a97f8aef7bfa1539372bea14a.jpg

104635129_Legacylip004.thumb.jpg.820e374a040ee69e51385cc3d95faf79.jpg

Semper Fi.

When you get time, I'd love to get pics from behind the wheel and underneath. Also of the product packaging, because I was at Lowes on Sunday, and all they had for garage door stuff was foam or really thin plastic, so I'd like to see what you bought, and where. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Umm, I went to Home Depot and bought the stuff that was orginially posted my the guy from clubwrx. I attached it to the bottom temporarily at first with 3M double sided tape. Well, I found out that, that stuff is a very good adhesive, so I used it sparingly at first. Once I had it postioned and cut to make the bends, I 3M'd the whole thing. I bought plastic screw pins from napa, much like the ones used on our engine cover, and drilled wholes through the bottom of the bummer to secure the push pins. If they ever break, I can just buy new ones but I just did that for extra safety, I dont think those pins will ever come out without ALOT force:). All in all I am happy with my 8 dollar lip and it is very secure.

I will try to take those pictures of the underside tomorrow...

Semper Fi.

Great job! I think it looks better than it did on the WRX.

You could use a lil black silicone to seal the space where it meets the bumper..

Thank you for taking the time to do it and take pics!

AWE! I wish I would have thought about the black silicon. I will do that now to fill those small spaces, thanks for the advice!

Semper Fi.

Archived