1. 1. What's your gas mileage?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
I just drove 1200 miles in the last 3 days. I averaged about 85mph in 6th most of the time (of course almost all highway mileage). Avg mileage was 27.6 according to computer. According to my calculations using fillup gallons/miles driven I got 28.9 mpg.

Six speed FTW

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Mine keeps going down and down. My wifey is using the car to commute to work since I have a company demonstrator now. I was averaging 24-25 mostly highway. That went down as soon as I put the Kumho ASX's on. Then she started driving it more. I took the car last night to the store and it's down to 21.5????

I am in shock right now!! I just completed a 418.7 mile trip from San Francisco to Fresno and back. Very cold temps on the way down there. I did it on one tank of gas. I filled up on my way out of town, then again when I got back into town. When I got back into town, it took 14.6 gallons; which means I still had 2.3 gallons left over before my fillup. Some quick math:

418.6 miles / 14.6 gallons = 28.5 miles to the gallon

I had 2.3 gallons remaining so: 28.5 mpg * 2.3 gallons = 65 miles

So I had 65 miles left until my car would have died, roughly of course.

418 plus 65 (left over miles) is about 480 miles to one tank of gas!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never went over 70 miles per hour or 3500 rpm. At least 1000 people passed me today. 97% of it was freeway miles. Temps were 34 to 40 degrees. I used 91 Octane from 76. These were miles 4400 to 4800 on my car. Car was kept in I Mode on the SI dial.

Is this poll supposed to represent city, highway or combined? It would make a difference. 21mpg isn't great for highway but would be for city or even combined.

I agree with unclemat's premise on another thread that there is variability in the cars, i.e., that some cars get better mileage than others irrespective of individual driving styles due to differences in the cars' engine management systems. I've been having at this with my dealer and Subaru for a while, with no resolution at this point (the glaciers may have all melted by the time there is any). I was searching and found this thread in preparation for having back at it with them. I think there's just too much variation in people's reports on this website. I also have a brother with an '06 LGT who gets spot on the EPA figures without too much variation. The best I get in town regardless of driving style is 16mpg with hard driving giving 15mpg. I've tried to replicate the EPA City cycle under which most of our cars were calibrated (23 start/stops in a 31 minute period peaking mostly at 30 mph with two bursts to around 55mph) and I still get 15-16mpg. I've made similar efforts with similar results for highway driving (consistent 22 mpg). Either Subaru cooked the test or there is something in the car setup that allows for large mpg variations.

just really started noticing mileage suckage. Just got my 30k done, even if i dont drive agressively going through town in 2nd and 3rd gear is only showing 8mpg to like 12mpg, then once on the highway if i feather the throttle in 5th im getting around 22mpg. Something is up, i just also put in a K&N intake, cleaned my maf before hand, i dunno. I was running way rich before, like you could smell gasoline from my exhaust (catless). Who knows, a little worried though. I just drove 15miles had 3/4 tank now have half tank as soon as i start boosting i can watch the gas gauge go down lol.

EDIT:Before the 30k and before the K&N i was getting around 19.2mpg

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

:lol: It has the 2.2L UNsouped engine with 4 speed auto tranny. Stock.

I get 27 to 28 in the city... and 28 to 31 on country slabs.

The key here is the tire air pressure !

IF the pressure is low, the mileage goes way down.

IF the pressure is high, the mileage goes way UP !:wub:

I run the air pressure a higher than what is posted

on the driver's door jamb.... It says 32 front and

30 rear..... I usually use 36 front and 34 rear.

IF you use snow tires (not the all seasons)...but

true snowtires like my Blizzzzzzzzaks WS-50 tires....

then the mileage goes down a bit too.... due to

the squishiness of the soft treads probably.

I get darn good gas economy on my BRIGHTON

'plain Jane' AWD-wagon.... i love it !:wub:

BrightonBoy

• 3 months later...
Just chimed in. 50/50 city and hwy and I get 21mpg over a 3k mile range.

I don't change my driving do to gas prices, or I would have bought a Honda.

If gas hits $4, even Honda owners will modify their driving habits.

BTW, noice avatar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did you say you paid $2.30 for a gallon of gas??

i haven't seen regular at less than $3.00 for longer than i

can remember.... ive been paying about $3.60-$3.80 for premi for the last few months.

oh and i typically get around 20-21 in town and about 27-30 on the highways

on my stage 2 MT.