783 members have voted

1. 1. What's your gas mileage?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i don't have a OEM compy, but I know i avg 30ish if a drive uber consiverative. If I'm autocrossing / dicking around, that drops to the low 20s. Nothing like fueling up a tank in like say $20-30ish where the H2 at the next pump is taking out a second morgage.

^ There are a lot of variables to be sure but with enough responses we should get a nice curve. The poll does show clear milage cut off points for the majority of LGTs at >18 and <26 mpg.

One of the cool things about the NAV/info system is that you can log up to 6 mileage periods.

Three modified LGTs getting 30+ mpg. Interesting.

I had a chat with an experienced LGT head who was running an outsized turbo. He felt that because the larger turbo he had takes longer to spool (and look out when it does!) that he was able to cruise unboosted which decreased his highway gas speed gas consumption getting him into the very high 20s. His response to this poll's question was at odds with where I thought he might vote but that's maybe only because he doesn't "cruise" all that much. :lol:

One number for gas mileage is pretty meaningless. The type of driving you do is the primary variable for mileage, and that can't be accounted for in a one-number mileage poll. I get about 21 in surburban driving and 28-29 for freeway cruising.

One number for gas mileage is pretty meaningless. The type of driving you do is the primary variable for mileage, and that can't be accounted for in a one-number mileage poll. I get about 21 in surburban driving and 28-29 for freeway cruising.

The one number combines at least two things: vehicle efficiency and overall vehicle application. The poll is "open" so one can look to see what members are getting which mileage.

Interesting note:

I calculate my tank-to-tank MPG in an excel spreadsheet and after 5 fillups I reset my trip odometer and compare my actual trip MPG to the computer. I calculated an actual trip MPG for my first ~1,050 miles and came out with 18.608 mpg, the computer showed 18.6! Given the lack of significant digits, the computer was dead-on accurate.

Interesting note:

I calculate my tank-to-tank MPG in an excel spreadsheet and after 5 fillups I reset my trip odometer and compare my actual trip MPG to the computer. I calculated an actual trip MPG for my first ~1,050 miles and came out with 18.608 mpg, the computer showed 18.6! Given the lack of significant digits, the computer was dead-on accurate.

I typically calculate every fillup, which is roughly 350 miles. I've seen the trip computer be within .5 MPG and as far off as >1.5 MPG.

Interesting though that yours was so accurate over a long distance. My trip A is reset every fillup, trip B I set when I got the car. So I've got about 6000 miles on trip B so far, and it's reading mid 24s. Wonder how accurate that is?

this sucks, all the GT around me get better or same MPG as me :lol: average from 21-24 mpg on 89 octane

Perhaps your mileage would increase if you used the recommended premium grade fuel. Would be interesting to see if it made a difference.

I've been running 87 in my NA engine since it's purchase. I'm not sure about the turboed motors though.....

I have an 06 spec b 12k miles on it i average 18 mpg i run 87 octane....am i supposed to use premium? i didnt know? just bought it 2 weeks ago? i wonder if i would get better gas mileage

oh ya... couple of pics...

here is the stock throttle map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bmorrisj/stockthrottle.jpg

and here is the throttle map im using.... and when i say lazy... its lazy.... but it wakes up when i lay into it.... i have to put the pedal to the floor, none of this half-pedal stuff :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bmorrisj/econthrottle.jpg

and once again because of this this throttle blade moves much less and saves fuel by not dumping it in for throttle tip-in....

^ Very interesting. What is your typical driving enviroment? Does the 100% throttle on the non-stock map make a difference in engine feel?

my driving environment is southern california:lol: mostly freeway... and i have to put it to the floor because boost and wastegate duty cycles dont kick in until >%80 go pedal... so for me the half-throttle/full throttle debate is moot... half throttle doesnt do anything so WOT feels good to me:icon_mrgr

• 4 weeks later...