1. 1. What's your gas mileage?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5eat.....but cruise around from 1500-2500

The poll results show that you have something fundamentally amiss with your engine management sytem. Take your LGT to the back to the dealer and get it checked out.

One more question that might not matter a wit, do you steady state cruise or is your foot constantly probing the accellerator?

I've datalogged and sent them to TDC, and had other people look at them they appear normal so i dont think so^^ I dont think my car could be running so well if there was engine mgt issues? I still get 24-26 on the highway....its probably from my strict all city driving and short trips.

I've datalogged and sent them to TDC, and had other people look at them they appear normal so i dont think so^^ I dont think my car could be running so well if there was engine mgt issues? I still get 24-26 on the highway....its probably from my strict all city driving and short trips.

The LGT does use alot of gas until it's fully warmed up. Still, your average mpg is very low but hwy seems normal.

My drives are usually 2-3 miles in length so the car is warming up for most of the short trip which contributes to my horrible gas mileage. But this is 99% city driving (stop and go, 25-40 mph etc...) Last week I tried getting into 5th gear as fast as i could with manual mode and this netted me around 16 mpg. I really wish i could get 17.5 mpg or higher but as far as i'm concerned my car seems to be running well. I think the circumstances are causing the bad mpg not something bad with em or the engine.

I logged my car awhile ago, but did not record a/f ratios is this something i should do to see if i may be running to rich?

A very simple poll to see the mileage members are getting.

OEM trip computer reading only.

I didn't post in the poll as presumably you only want turbo 2.5's.

I've been logging trip computer versus calculated mileage for several thousand miles. Presumably it works the same for the H6 as the turbo.

Thus far, the trip computer has always been 0.5 to 1.1 mpg higher than the calculated mpg. I skimmed the log yesterday and did not find an instance where the trip computer was lower than the actual mileage.

YMWV.

Here's the per-tank calculated average for the first 20,000 miles. It includes every single refueling, but is not technically accurate because each tank size differs. I believe the running average is now 21.5mpg.

Most of the mileage is commuting, often a mad dash for 50 miles each way. The longest trip we've taken in this car is Montreal and back, and we live in the city, so it reflects a lot of city and congested highway driving. You can see the long highway trips because the mileage spikes up around 26 for a tank or two. It appears that H6's do indeed take 20,000 miles plus to break in fully.

http://www.geocities.com/theseventhfirst/06subh6mpg20k.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

My gas mileage has been consistently dropping with the temperatures. What's with the winter gas? I've never had a car so sensetive to temperature before. I'm averaging about 23-24 mpg and that with a N/A and mostly highway driving. My commute is about 20 miles each way.

20-22 mpg has jumped into the lead.

My mpg has been decreasing lately which I put down to my new A/S tires and being forced to take more surface streets due to tollway construction delays. Long term mileage has slipped from 27.0 to 26.7 and my two tankful average is barely hanging on to 26.1.

The traffic in Chicago was a friggin' mess tonight. I used the NAV to find new surface street short cuts for 30 miles and still ended up with the Spec. parked back in my garge with 26.1 mpg displaying on the info system after a total trip of 100 miles.

Bumping for more data.

Drove hard today and mpg for the last 1000ish miles dropped to 25.8.

Wind makes a huge difference in mileage. Very windy in these parts today. Wind can affect my mpg +/- 5 mpg from median @ 70-75 mph. Crosswinds decrease mpg significantly.

I'd have to change my vote. Since I've switched to ContiExtreme 215/50/17 for the winter, my mileage has dropped from what I was getting with OEM (and winter gas).

Getting 25.8 after 1200 or miles. 26.7 after 6000.

Bumping for more data.

Got our second LGT owner idicating 30+mpg.

bumping again.

instead of 21-24mpg my realtime lingers around 28-32+ mpg...

:D mind you this following pic is after a throttle actuator tweak and 40+ miles of highway driving....

fuel tip in enrichment FTL!!!111

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bmorrisj/Image025.jpg

:hide:

Interesting that we're not getting a bell shaped curve with 105 responses. Could it be that driving style is coming into play with the LGT. The car does go like hell and can be driven that way with no ill effects (excpet for fuel bills). It also can be relatively easy on gas if kept out of constant high boost.

I think mods throw what you'd expect out the window.

With some mods that decrease MPG (stage 1) and others that increase it (stage 2+) and a good mix of stock and even maybe 2.5i owners, you get a pretty random mixing of stuff. Also, some of us put in our real MPG vs the requested trip computer readout, once again throwing it off.

I think mods throw what you'd expect out the window.

With some mods that decrease MPG (stage 1) and others that increase it (stage 2+) and a good mix of stock and even maybe 2.5i owners, you get a pretty random mixing of stuff. Also, some of us put in our real MPG vs the requested trip computer readout, once again throwing it off.

All true. Polls are very tricky to set up. This one is an open poll so one could check the types of vehicles and mods to extrapolate more trends.