• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
am i the only one averaging 14-15 in the city?

Last winter I took a round trip of four miles each way, with two cold starts, and averaged 10.9 on the trip computer [H6]. My wife drives almost purely city and gets around 15 with our Mazda MPV. Sitting at traffic lights is not conducive to mpg. That's why we just put together an electrically-assisted bicycle.

I've logged all fuel use since new: 20.9 mpg. Highest tank was 26.1, lowest 16.5. Mostly city and rush hour commuting.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Ive noticed with my car the the computer is within 2 tenths or so of being dead on. If I fill up and do not hit the lever anymore to top it off, just let it shut off and dont do anything more, it seems to be pretty close to right on the money. I tried this using the same pump all the time and it seems to work pretty well. I have a turbo and I get 22-23 in combo driving. Ive never gotten below 20-21 and the most I ever got was 27-28.

Most of the time on the highway running about 75-80 I get 25. I live in the midwest though and when it is windy it kills the milage. Mine is also stage 2.

• 1 month later...

Just took some long trips for work this past week and my B odometer reset at 10k, I think I was at about 23.4(that was the last I saw it at before it reset itself).

There are too many hills on my normal commute and I get worse mileage when I set it to I. Lately(last 1-2k miles) I've been driving around everywhere with the cruise set and I've been getting 25-26 ish.

This past trip(99% highway) I'm at 29.1 for the last 569 miles. I always have it set to Sport and use the cruise control religiously.

• 1 month later...
Unless you're the general public :mad:

It takes patience when driving a high performance AWD sports sedan. Most of the others are afraid they're going to tip over when they encounter a bend on the interstate and slow to 50 from a breakneck, almost out of control, floating, wandering, sloppy 70. :mad:

I dont see how u guys can such good gas mileage and still having fun. I get about 12mpg on average. Sometimes I have to pump 2 full tanks a week.

For years I wondered about those late model Corvettes you always see doing 55 on the freeway. Now I know.

Agreed. What's interesting though, is I recently went to visit my family in Cali. (flew) and I borrowed my parent's Grand Caravan. I hauled @$s in that thing, just had a harder time passing people.

You might want to think about upgrading your suspension. :cool:

I drive an 06 ObkXT wagon and have an 86 mile commute each way, most of it highway. I get about 24-25 on the highway part and average about 22 when driving around home on the weekends.

RTP shared with me that the turbo kicks in boost around 3200 rpm. So, on my 86 mile drive I'm driving around 85-90, which is above 3200. I'm going to try to keep it under 3200 to see if it makes a big difference. If so, I'll try to get an ECU map that keeps the turbo out until about 3500, in 5th gear if possible to sense and link.

Does anyone know what highway mileage you can expect using the COBB Accessport and economy map?

Oh yes, and Valentine V1 is my friend.... (Very highly recommended if you're looking for the last radar detector you will ever want to buy!)

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

OEM trip computer is at 26.7 with odometer just past 35k miles

No long road trips yet and tolling 350-390 miles per fill up

05 NA 2.5i auto with most of milage accrued between home and

work which is just under 20 miles 1 way, posted 55 mph speed limit

I'm no engineer but still wondering with literally billions of $$$ revenue and millions for r&d why Subaru and other manufacturers won't engineer and sell vehicles which I'm certain can be a lot more efficient with the fuels used......

OEM trip computer is at 26.7 with odometer just past 35k miles

No long road trips yet and tolling 350-390 miles per fill up

05 NA 2.5i auto with most of milage accrued between home and

work which is just under 20 miles 1 way, posted 55 mph speed limit

I'm no engineer but still wondering with literally billions of $$$ revenue and millions for r&d why Subaru and other manufacturers won't engineer and sell vehicles which I'm certain can be a lot more efficient with the fuels used......

This proves absurd of this poll.

GT and 2.5i thrown in together.

• 2 weeks later...
^ It's an open poll of fleet mileage. You can check who is getting what by clicking.

Nice grammar BTW.

I think some imprezas are in there too according to some names :spin:

I have a 2.5i put down 27mpg but i can see 30+ on the highway.