2. scoobydude (shipped with PGT's)

3. enthusiast

4. mikeyan26

5. BLACKonBLACK Limited

6. peterjmc

7. caramall2

8. LittleBlueGT

9. Boostjunkie

I've been holding off on buying sways since nothing seems to fit right with the MSI endlinks.

Option #2 Signup List

1. PGT

3. enthusiast

4. mikeyan26

5. BLACKonBLACK Limited

6. peterjmc

7. caramall2

8. LittleBlueGT

9. Boostjunkie

10.hal9e3

11.LEGACY LIZARD

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I installed my MSI endlinks today. They are beautiful pieces and perfectly machined. However, MSI has stated in the past that the endlinks fit fine with the stock FSB. I have to disagree with that statement. I have the stock FSB and a JDM rear bar and the front endlinks are too narrow for even the stock FSB. I had to just barely get the nuts threaded on and then go from one side of the car to the other tightening them down incrementally to be able to get them snugged down evenly. Even with that whole dance, the bushings are more squished out than I would like to see. No noises so far, but I only drove around the block.

This really is a part that ought to be redesigned. Each needs to be at least 1/2" thicker to fit correctly even with the stock FSB. No wonder that the slightly narrower than stock aftermarket FSB present signifigant issues when used with the MSI endlinks.

I installed my MSI endlinks today. They are beautiful pieces and perfectly machined. However, MSI has stated in the past that the endlinks fit fine with the stock FSB. I have to disagree with that statement. I have the stock FSB and a JDM rear bar and the front endlinks are too narrow for even the stock FSB. I had to just barely get the nuts threaded on and then go from one side of the car to the other tightening them down incrementally to be able to get them snugged down evenly. Even with that whole dance, the bushings are more squished out than I would like to see. No noises so far, but I only drove around the block.

This really is a part that ought to be redesigned. Each needs to be at least 1/2" thicker to fit correctly even with the stock FSB. No wonder that the slightly narrower than stock aftermarket FSB present signifigant issues when used with the MSI endlinks.

Good information about the the use of it with the stock FSB!

I wonder if this is an issue with us because of our lowered ride height?

Still here guys, I am somewhat bothered here ... It seams like every car is fitting differently .... are you guys measuring with the car jacked up in the air (wheels in full droop) or on the ground?

-mark

^ I agree, we need to get a consitent way to observe this. I had to do the back and forth dance to tighten the fronts. But, with the car on the ground, I can see the endlinks are aligned as they should be. No noises yet, at least 1000 miles in including rain.

I have to agree with the end-links being not wide enought for OEM.

My COBB bar is about 1 inch shorter then my OEM bar, but I needed 2 inches worth of spacers to make it fit. So I would guess that an OEM bar needs the end-links to be 1/2 inch wider each.

ps: my measurments are not exact, but fairly close.

I have to agree with the end-links being not wide enought for OEM.

My COBB bar is about 1 inch shorter then my OEM bar, but I needed 2 inches worth of spacers to make it fit. So I would guess that an OEM bar needs the end-links to be 1/2 inch wider each.

ps: my measurments are not exact, but fairly close.

Front is shorter?

Front is shorter?

Yes, it is about an inch shorter.

Just so you know what measurements we are talking about it is the width. OEM is somewhere around 42 inches and COBBs around 41. (It might be 39 and 38, I don't know but just giving you an idea of the measurements so you know which ones we are talking about)

Option #2 Signup List

1. PGT

3. enthusiast

4. mikeyan26

5. BLACKonBLACK Limited

6. peterjmc

7. caramall2

8. LittleBlueGT

9. Boostjunkie

10.hal9e3

11.LEGACY LIZARD

12. praedet (blus a street bushing kit...)

:spin:

I will not be posting this week, out of town for SEMA.

I think I will just make a new endlink for the legacy model only.

That being said, anyone that has NEW links, I will exchange (less transport costs off course) or can ship the retrofit kit.

Will be in touch when I get back. Retro fit kits are in production as I am leaving town.

Cheers,

-mark

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I am so sorry to take so long for this. I really owe a debt of gratitude to everyone for their patience. I have new bushings here (arrived today) that will start sending out with the kit shortly. Just getting caught up this week with BO'd parts, etc.

-mark

Archived