twisted

Which UP should i get  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which UP should i get

• FLOW
    • Lachute
    • Cobb
    • Perrin

so my slightly used lachute DP should be here sometime soon...now i'm wondering which UP to go with for my 5EAT LGT

i think the PDE was the purrfect one but of course they disappeared from the face of the planet.

My questions are :

-What are benefits of UP being coated versus non-coated ?

-Is that lower stock heatshield a must have since some UP dont allow the lower heatshield to be reconnected.

Finally

Please vote to help me decide.

Thx all

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted Flow just because I think you can get a good deal on it from PLtek and they are from the same factory as the lachute uppipes. So pretty much the same thing without the name or $$. second pick would be cobb because it should fit like a glove. Unlike a Perrin. damn perrin fitment!!!

I like the idea of a gutted stocker to keep the heat sheilds and stock look. Your going to get 95% the performance of an aftermarket. Crucial also has the heat coating unlike most others. Look for a revised design in the next month or so. I like the idea some kind of heat protection. You could wrap the other designs, but you do risk getting water in the wrap and it "could" lead to rusting.

You could also do an STI OEM Up pipe. It has heat sheilds, but they are said to rattle after a while.

Out of your list....Cobb

i think the PDE was the purrfect one but of course they disappeared from the face of the planet.

I just installed the PDE flex UP. You can get them all day long from www.PDE-USA.com . That is what gets my vote. Excellent build quality and comes already coated.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

Invidia pieces have always been competitive in price...I had their catless dp on my 04 WRX and it worked fine and looked great (great welds and high polished SS, plus I paid less than $300)....many people used it on WRX's. Their up pipe, I've never used, but I wouldn't hesistate to try...but my top choices at this time are Crucial, PDE, COBB ($$), and I'm really considering the Invidia too :D
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived