1. 1. Which UP should i get

• FLOW
    • Lachute
    • Cobb
    • Perrin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the $ and quality nothing beats the invidia. It has a bung, tig welding, etc.

I think that is the best choice if you are looking for a good all around product. Yes there are some coated ones, and some with heat shields and some with flexes but for a rigid pipe at $135 from TDC shipped you can't beat it

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

isn't it worth spending a little more to get a pipe with heat sheilds or coating to prevent premature wear of the CV boots or other things that could be effected by the additional heat of the up pipes without such heat "protection"? Spend more now to save more later...?

That al depends on the buyer honestly. Some people like to heat wrap and don't believe in the coatings. Some just go with a bare pipe. Others want a stock look.

Honestly it isn't that huge of a difference. The engine is hot as hell anyway so the heat from the UP from coating sure will help a little but it is going to soak the intercooler no matter what you have in there. The turbo is the hottest thing.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

I just installed the PDE flex UP. You can get them all day long from www.PDE-USA.com . That is what gets my vote. Excellent build quality and comes already coated.

Glad to hear they are still around, I've had my PDE UP & DP for over a year now, perfect fit, zero problems.

Wonder why they stopping posting on here though :icon_conf

Glad to hear they are still around, I've had my PDE UP & DP for over a year now, perfect fit, zero problems.

Wonder why they stopping posting on here though :icon_conf

YEP! My PDE UP/DP has been flawless so far. Fitment was perfect and their included directions were spot on. No leaks to speak of two weeks later either.:)

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

Are the PDE people still ordering directly through their website or getting used stuff? I was under the impression that they were long gone as a company...

I ordered my stuff about 3 weeks ago from www.pde-usa.com.

All brand new.:icon_wink

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

I've got an Invidia UP. Reall nice piece. Great welds. I wouldn't hesitate to put one of these on my car.

Contact Joe at TDC, they sell the Indiva for a great price and he prefers it over the perrin.

I'm going with the Indiva myself.

Archived