1. 1. Which UP should i get

• FLOW
    • Lachute
    • Cobb
    • Perrin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would just get a used STI up pipe and call it a day. Cheap and a definite fit. If you do get one, just take it to a shop and have them add a few more welds to the heat shield to assure no rattles.

The Indiva pipe is just $135.00 shipped from TDC. I was shopping for a stock STI up, everyone wants between 110- 150 bucks. Plus you have to deal withthe damn heat shields with the WRX pipe.

When I get my Indiva, I'm going to wrap it with header wrap to keep temps contained in the engine compartment. I would imagine that thing would be glowing red after a modrate run/drive.

The Indiva pipe is just $135.00 shipped from TDC. I was shopping for a stock STI up, everyone wants between 110- 150 bucks. Plus you have to deal withthe damn heat shields with the WRX pipe.

When I get my Indiva, I'm going to wrap it with header wrap to keep temps contained in the engine compartment. I would imagine that thing would be glowing red after a modrate run/drive.

You could get a new Bosal OEM STI up for about $160 shipped (includes gaskets, $25 value). I know the vendor.

You can get gaskets from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-STI-uppipe-up-pipe-gaskets_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33666QQihZ005QQitemZ150027444599QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

for pretty cheap. I paid about $15 for mine and they're perfect. Plus, they include the WRX STi exhaust manifold gaskets which you could resell and recoup some of your expenses. Does the $25 worth of gaskets mentioned previously include all of the gaskets for items that have to be removed to get to the UP, such as the DP and the R side exhaust manifold?

You can get gaskets from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-STI-uppipe-up-pipe-gaskets_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33666QQihZ005QQitemZ150027444599QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

for pretty cheap. I paid about $15 for mine and they're perfect. Plus, they include the WRX STi exhaust manifold gaskets which you could resell and recoup some of your expenses. Does the $25 worth of gaskets mentioned previously include all of the gaskets for items that have to be removed to get to the UP, such as the DP and the R side exhaust manifold?

If you go and price out the two up pipe gaskets you will find they run about $25 on thier own....thus $25 value.

May be i should re-phrase the question:

I want an UP but it has to meet the following criteria

1. Must be coated

2. NO Flex

3 must have bung (preferably one that can be closed)

4. Preferably can put stock lower shield back on

1-2-3 are must haves and 4 is a 'would be nice'

Now gimme ur recommendations and vendors where the recommendations can be purchased. THx

As for the headers, i like the idea but isnt the coating for the headers take the price upto $600 ? Also do they coat the UP with the headers or do u have to pay extra over the $200?

My lachute (slightly used) hasnt reached me yet... FED UP (FED EX) seems to have lost it....so i will file a claim with them later today if they cant find the pkg.

May be i should re-phrase the question:

I want an UP but it has to meet the following criteria

1. Must be coated

2. NO Flex

3 must have bung (preferably one that can be closed)

4. Preferably can put stock lower shield back on

1-2-3 are must haves and 4 is a 'would be nice'

Now gimme ur recommendations and vendors where the recommendations can be purchased. THx.

Not a ton of choices.

PDE has a solid with ceremic coating.

http://www.pde-usa.com/

The updated Crucial Racing Up will probably be solid and it should retain the same heat coating as the prior one. (coated inside and out)

Cobb's Inconel Up pipe will keep in more heat than the 304SS version.

You could also have any other up sent out for coating. Might run you about $50-$75.

If your not hellbent on "coating". In order to keep the heat in....you can also gut the stocker or use an STI OEM (Bosal) Up...both have heat sheilds. Lastly, you could wrap the pipe.

I just installed the PDE flex UP. You can get them all day long from www.PDE-USA.com . That is what gets my vote. Excellent build quality and comes already coated.

Except the flex = not compatible with aftermarket header in case i win the lottery and decide to get some installed. And the one i really want their Solid UP is out of stock :(

Archived