• 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71 and above

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya i too am suprised that people in my age group are looking into the LGT, i like it because it was rare, and still is, ...

but ya, im surprised mroe of yall dont have evo's

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

What the fawk is wrong with you kiddies? I wouldn't be caught dead driving this old man car when I was in my 20s. C'mon now, save yer balls, trade in the lgt and get yerself a rex or a Z or a Miata!

A SEDAN/WAGON fer gawds sake, what'll you be driving when your an old man like me, a Buick? Friggin kids today!!!

:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

What the fawk is wrong with you kiddies? I wouldn't be caught dead driving this old man car when I was in my 20s. C'mon now, save yer balls, trade in the lgt and get yerself a rex or a Z or a Miata!

A SEDAN/WAGON fer gawds sake, what'll you be driving when your an old man like me, a Buick? Friggin kids today!!!

:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

no other cars compare...plus its a fawkin sleeper

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

51 this year. Am I the old coot here. BTW just got my Perrin TMIC and TDC stage II today.

got you beat, 57, protuned, up/dp hfc, brola cbe, avo v.2, tein-h, rota's, f1, ect. help me stop this maddness

btw i thought when i bought the lgt i was buying a more grown up car. almost everyone here is in their 20's. how the hell you boys affording lgt's and mods?

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Since 40 is over the hill. I wanted to give them the opportunity to represent that and feel young.

Fixed :lol:

Cool.

Let me tell you a story. It will give you a vague clue about my age. When I turned 30, I went over to my folks' for dinner. I said at one point, "Well, I guess it's all downhill from here."

My mother says, "Oh, no. The 30s are the best."

I say, "Well, then when its the 40s, then its all over."

My Dad responds, "No. The 40s are just as good."

Me: "50s?"

Mom: "They were pretty good too."

"60s?"

Dad: "That's when the 20s start to look pretty good again but only because of your knees."

:icon_mrgr

So far, Mom and Dad's predictions are quite correct in my experience. The moral of the story is to enjoy your knees in your 20s because for you twentysomethings, that's as good as it gets.:icon_bigg (Couldn't pay me enough to be a teenager again.)

i dun think this pole is gonna work well.. my reasoning behind this is that most internet users are aged between 10~30.. so it would just be obvious to have most buyers in the range of 20~30.. (20 & less are somewhat too young to own a car..) even if there were a huge number of buys in the 40~50 range, if they dont use internet.. then they dont show up in the pole..

28 here.

I sold my 2.5RS Impreza coupe to get my LGT sedan. Always wanted a 4-door (grew up with coupes and hatchbacks, totally sick of them). I don't feel any younger these days either. But I'm not gonna ride in an old fart boat (unless it's an M5).

btw i thought when i bought the lgt i was buying a more grown up car. almost everyone here is in their 20's. how the hell you boys affording lgt's and mods?

bosco

Simple. My monthly payment is about $325 (w/ 6.25% loan), and insurance is about $85/month.

I make a bit over $3500/month so even after the mortgage and bills there's plenty left over ;)

Not to mention dual income no children.

Oh, and I too bought the LGT to have a more grown up car. My wife was more or less forcing me to get a 4 door, otherwise I'd probably be in an '04-'05 Accord coupe V6 6 MT. Luckily the LGT happens to be :wub:

bosco

My question is how are there so many 20 and unders that own this car? Do you parents just throw money at you?

My dad spent $15,000 on our '96 LGT with 23,000 miles on it for my bro, sis, and me. And I thought that was alot. The one I have now, was cheaper (more miles) but I was on my own.

got you beat, 57, protuned, up/dp hfc, brola cbe, avo v.2, tein-h, rota's, f1, ect. help me stop this maddness

bosco

Damn, at least bosco is a tad older then me.:icon_wink

Old men untie!:icon_cool

sling-avatar.jpg.02c0b31c8b472a22424686eb47fa2d3b.jpg

27 here. Went shoppign for an STI with the wife, a couple of high speed test drives later and the STI was vetoed. The lgt was the compromise of "family car" and my desire to haul ass.

Now I just need to liberate some mod money.

I'm 20. I chose the LGT because I wanted a wagon to haul stuff to college and I wanted something that was fast. I also wanted to separate myself from people my age since I don't really fit in with your typical college kid. WRXs are great cars, but now that they've been out for a while, a lot of ricers and high schoolers have been getting their hands on them, and I'd rather not be associated with their driving style. Besides, the LGT is faster. :) (Faster than the 2.0 WRXs anyways)

Why do so many of u feel that this isn't a good car for someone under 21? I'm 18 and the Legacy will be my second car when i get it, i think it'll be a good car for me( i'm not getting a GT, 2.5i limited).

That's where I partially, but not fully, agree with this.

Under 21? Maybe. First car? No. I think somebody's first car should be something a little cheaper (unless of course you're buying it yourself, pay your own insurance, gas, etc...). Enough to learn driving on, but something that if it gets in an accident it's not a big deal. Also, there's a big difference between totaling a $5000 vehicle and a $27,000 vehicle.

[edit]

Let me also add that my feelings about the Legacy and age really only apply to the GT. While I do think even the 2.5i is too expensive of a car for a first car, for a second car it's great. I got my 2nd Accord brand new when I turned 18, and I payed every dime for it myself.

Archived