what's your second car

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 2nd car......

[ATTACH]27838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27840[/ATTACH]

Not too good on gas when teh VTEC kicks in, but that's just fine by me...:)

Noice. Rented a Wrangler recently in Aruba. Had hell of fun offroad. Actually I was very impressed how capable the thing is. Solid axles off-road FTW. If they only bring the new unlimited Wrangler with a diesel.... :wub:

Our second car is a 2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0TQM. I dig the engine, but it needs mo powa!! :icon_bigg My wife didn't mod her last car (2001 S4 Avant), but I might be able to talk her into an ECU reflash for this car. She's accustomed to more power, so hey... who am I to argue? :lol:

2005 Lotus Elise, Krypton Green with black interior

12,740~ miles

http://www.fleur-design.net/lotus/images/CRW_1625.jpg

I actually drive it a more than the Subaru (as long as the weather cooperates, much better on fuel) so it could kinda be considered my main/first car.

The Elise is a cool car. I don't know if i would want to commute in it though.

My wife drives the 2006 LGT Wagon (5MT) daily, so that's my third car.

2000 Honda Civic Si (daily driver)

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S (former track car, now mostly just taking garage space)

http://www.emansworld.com/JPEGS/civic_135-sm.jpeg

http://www.emansworld.com/JPEGS/mph_145.jpeg

My wife drives the 2006 LGT Wagon (5MT) daily, so that's my third car.

2000 Honda Civic Si (daily driver)

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S (former track car, now mostly just taking garage space)

Nice car! (LGT and the porsche)

I've wanted one of those (944 Turbo), among other sports cars, for a long time...

Just out of curiousity, how does the power compare to the LGT? Of course, the handling is probably quite higher due to the porsche's weight and balance, and the Legacy Wagon has the AWD traction and wagon utility,

but they are both 2.5 liter turbocharged 4s, with similar factory horsepower ratings... it would be interesting to compare them on aspects of power.

I've had a long-time dream to combine a 88-89 944 Turbo S (I thought the 89 was badged as a "Turbo" but the same spec as the 88 Turbo S..., and improved over th 88 Turbo.)

With some forward bodywork and mechanicals (6MT...) from the 968... to combine to make a 968 Turbo S with a hybrid 944/968 body... I hear that a 968 3.0 Liter DOHC variocam engine, built with a turbo can make somewhere north of 450-500 horsepower. :D That would probably be an expensive build, though.

2006 LGT wagon 5MT...

Hmmm, Canuck?

(or you have that factory freak 5mt 2006 wagon we saw in Maine?)

oops... I was trying to get out of work at 10:30 pm when I posted that.

2005 LGT 5MT.

I'd buy another manual transmission wagon in a heartbeat. I think it would make a great track car-- I can haul all of my stuff in the back.

Nice car! (LGT and the porsche)

Just out of curiousity, how does the power compare to the LGT? Of course, the handling is probably quite higher due to the porsche's weight and balance, and the Legacy Wagon has the AWD traction and wagon utility,

but they are both 2.5 liter turbocharged 4s, with similar factory horsepower ratings... it would be interesting to compare them on aspects of power.

The LGT also has about the same brake size, but they don't feel as powerful (probably the added mass), and the same horsepower (250 hp), as you noted.

My turbo (there really is no 'S' designation for 1989) dyno'd at 262hp at the wheels with just a chip, but it doesn't feel faster than the wagon from take off. There's just no torque. However, the numbers say the 944 wins to 60 mph and 1/4 mile.

The wagon doesn't turn very well, though.

I keep thinking I prefer driving the LGT, but when I'm going fast in the Porsche, there is no substitute. I just can't get a child seat in the back.

Then it is cool that you have both!

I hear that pads and tires other than OEM will benefit the Legacy GT brakes quite a bit. I have OE pads, but other tires, and it isn't bad for modulation, but not quick acting, and doesn't "feel" like throwing out the anchor.

I love the power, control, and comfort of the Legacy, but our other car is a Miata, and the handling is sublime in comparison to the Legacy, even though the car is slower. Turn in, and chassis balance are just amazing in that little roadster.

I keep thinking I prefer driving the LGT, but when I'm going fast in the Porsche, there is no substitute. I just can't get a child seat in the back.

Have you upgraded the suspension in you LGT?

Have you upgraded the suspension in you LGT?

Suspension upgrades made a big difference in our car.

I've thought about it, but I'm going to leave my wife's car alone for now. I bought it over an S4 Avant because I liked how it drove better. I also bought it when we move back to Germany, for the autobahn. I like how it drives on the freeway right now.

My next car will be a track car, either a LGT 5MT wagon (I really, really like this car), 944S2, or the next generation STI.

I've thought about it, but I'm going to leave my

wife's car alone for now. I bought it over an S4 Avant because I liked how it drove better. I also bought it when we move back to Germany, for the autobahn. I like how it drives on the freeway right now.

My next car will be a track car, either a LGT 5MT wagon (I really, really like this car), 944S2, or the next generation STI.

Oh. For high speed driving YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED to upgrade the suspension on the LGT, please! I took it to the speed limiter (on private track, yada yada) on stock suspension - believe me it's starts to wobble like Outback at 70 mph.

There is no comparision with JDM SpecB Bilsteins with Pinks I have now. Perfect setup for high speed stability (less so for, say, cornering on rough roads).

If there is only one mod to be done on our cars it should be the suspension (better struts/shocks or coilovers). Now I think it should be done even before the tires. Ideally, the stock tires should go as well.

Oh, and I miss driving on Autobahn.... :(

We have GPMoto Coilovers and Perrin Swaybars and enlinks. It works great in Germany where the average communte speed is 100 MPH.

Exactly 100 mph (160km/h) is the perfect crusing speed for modern cars.

I envy you to have your LGT on Autobahn. I'd even pay these gas prices there to be free of these jerks here who shouldn't have driver licenses as well as the sneaky revenue bears.

Exactly 100 mph (160km/h) is the perfect crusing speed for modern cars.

I envy you to have your LGT on Autobahn. I'd even pay these gas prices there to be free of these jerks here who shouldn't have driver licenses as well as the sneaky revenue bears.

One of the reason we bought the car a year ago instead of waiting until we go to the US is so we could drive it on the Autobahn. It cost a bit to ship it over but it was worth it.

The autobahn isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's often crowded, and some people there have no clue about how fast you're about to pass them. This is why all fast cars there have BIG BRAKES.

Anybody selling a 2nd gen Miata/MX-5? I'm thinking of getting it as a winter car.

Archived