LegacyGT.com

what's your second car

Here are the pics of my new (to me!) 1971 240Z. 100,00 original miles. Needs new rubber weatherstripping all around, a new exhaust and a thourough tune-up for right now, otherwise will be a work-in-progress!

Astrohog

Wow! that's really nice, how does it drive?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LGT is my daily driver, My 2nd car is my weekend / auto-x car, 1989 BMW M3 and my wife drives an 05 Xterra( awsome!, i love stealing it from her!)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/jeffnjm3/1989%20BMW%20M3/IMG_1414.jpg

My 2nd car is my weekend / auto-x car, 1989 BMW M3

teh hotness - I've always wanted one, as it seems about as close to a road-going race car ever made (excepting perhaps cars made by Lotus). Is it still 2.3 litres, or have you punched it out to 2.5?

-Ryan

Just got it July '06

http://legacygt.com/forums/C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5COwner%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Csilvercars1.bmp

a red x?

your picture no worky

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Thanks, its still the stock 2.3l, fine for me, i don't plan on doing anything permanant that can't be put back to stock, so if it ever needs a rebuild, i'll probably keep it a 2.3. Its never been wrecked, has all the correct vin #'s on all the body panels and the engine/trans is the original ones as well.

My 2nd car is my weekend / auto-x car, 1989 BMW M3

teh hotness - I've always wanted one, as it seems about as close to a road-going race car ever made (excepting perhaps cars made by Lotus). Is it still 2.3 litres, or have you punched it out to 2.5?

-Ryan

Wow! that's really nice, how does it drive?

Uhh, not nearly as....uh...refined as the legGT!!!! All in all it is not a bad driver. Had her up to 90 today on the freeway and there was some shakin' and shimmyin' goin' on, but that was to be expected. I am gonna have to do the whole re-bushing thing and I think it has the original struts, so those will be replaced soon. I basically bought the Z instead of doing the stage 2 thing to the Legacy. I plan on going through just about EVERYTHING in the Z in the next year or so and get her TIGHT and then I will take her all apart and media-blast the whole thing and give her a fresh coat of Ferrari yellow!!! That is my plan for now, but you never know!!!

BTW, thanks for the compliments!!!!

Regards,

Astrohog

My wife has an 03 Outback, and I have an 83 Mustang that I have owned since it was new. Rob M.

I can't really tell from the picture, but it that an SVO Mustang?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I can't really tell from the picture, but it that an SVO Mustang?

Nope, looks like an 83 GT 5.0. SVOs had a different, grille-less front end with only one headlight per side, and turn signals more like the later "aero-nose" fox mustangs... an inner vertical turn signal, and an outer wrap-around side marker.

Also SVOs were more monochrome, with a forward facing hood scoop offset to the passenger side, where a lot of the "four eyed" GTs had blackened hoods like that picture.

(I've been doing a little side reading on http://www.foureyedpride.com recently, about earlier fox mustangs and capris. I am really starting to want an 83-86 T-top Capri rolling shell to restore. Oh... and the money, space, and time to resto-mod it. AFTER I get a Legacy GT to drive daily.)

Nope. That's a 5.0. The SVO had a dual element rear spoiler and an offset hoodscoop to feed the TMIC.

It is a 5.0 GT. The GT was available in 5.0 and 2.3 turbo. SVO was a limited run in 84. Back then, I would have never considered a car with a 4 cylinder turbo.

03 Corvette Z06, yellow/black, all options, chrome repro wheels

02 FLHRSEI, purple w/silver flames, 6 spd, too much to list

wife drives 03 Forester XS, auto. guess you could call it the second car's back up. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived