LegacyGT.com

what's your second car

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. 2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab/Short Bed-6.6 Duramax diesel - Alison trans - with lots of mods for BIG HP/TQ. Pulls the RV like a demon possessed.

2. 2002 Subie Impreza 2.5 RS. Nice car but a little on the small side.

3. 2004 Mazda 3 - 5 door (my wife's car-she loves it).

In the summer the LGT cost almost (per/mile) to run as the diesel truck. When the premium vs diesel price diff is $.35 or more it costs less to run the truck. I get 19+ mpg on the truck (Highway-going the speed limit) and only 23-24 in the LGT (admittedly going faster the speed limit). That story changes in the winter when diesel gets expensive again.

• 3 months later...
98 Altima 5psd. FTL! Reliable, but ugly.

I am looking to get 02-03 Legacy to replace Altima, and perhaps a used Miata to replace the Civic.

96 altima 5 speed daily driver here. These cars are so underrated as daily commuters, with the torquey 2.4L, light weight, and great reliability (timing chain, etc.).

mine has 178k on it, and the tires and battery I just replaced are worth more than the rest of the car, I'd say. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, though.

I just traded in my grand prix GTP for the LGT and I also drive a 91 Daytona Shelby 2.5l turbo with the 5 speed, and in the process of selling my 95 jeep cherokee 4x4 5spd.

Ah, my first car was an 89 Daytona. NA 2.5, but great memories of that car. People give Dodge a lot of crap, but every Dodge I have owned went well over 100k/10 years.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

'73 BMW 2002Tii

Nice! I had a late 60's 2002 club racer for a bit, really just a huge cage with the stripped out body panels bolted on. 2002's are just such fun cars.

2005 Lotus Elise, Krypton Green with black interior

12,740~ miles

http://www.fleur-design.net/lotus/images/CRW_1625.jpg

I actually drive it a more than the Subaru (as long as the weather cooperates, much better on fuel) so it could kinda be considered my main/first car.

Hehe, LGT + '94 300zx Twin Turbo here. :)

I guess I'm just stalking you or something.

Several 300ZX owners on here. My 2nd car is a 93' Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. It's more fun than the Legacy in a straight line but the Legacy is more fun in the curves.

Several 300ZX owners on here. My 2nd car is a 93' Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. It's more fun than the Legacy in a straight line but the Legacy is more fun in the curves.

:orly: Interesting. 300ZXTT has been always my dream car - used to have a an 84 300ZXT. I always thought it would have great handling - HICAS, etc. If your SpecB handles better than the 300ZX, I think my dream has ended...

I dont need one car let alone 2 :lol:

To paraphrase Tom Hnatiw from Dream Car Garage

http://www.dreamcargarage.com/imagesv3/bio_tom.jpg

"There comes a time when you gotta ask yourself, "Do I need three cars? Of course not. Nobody needs a 2005 Legacy GT, 2004 Mach1 and 2005 F250. But, do I want three cars?"

"Hell yes!"

Archived