LegacyGT.com

Official WTF Subaru Thread!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The majority of Legacy owners do not need/would never use it.

And I am one of them, for I have no turbo...........im gonna go cry myself to sleep.http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/fruit.gif

WTF? whats with the factory cloth seats.... to firm, no bolster under thigh... wire running across the middle of the back that on a long trip makes your back numb... when you raise the seat height, the seat goes up and forward, which for us with long legs (I'm 6'3") is murder...

The accelorator pedal and brake are to far appart... you almost have to rotate your foot 90 degrees...

either do the gangsta lean to use the armrest or lean seat way back...(but then you cant reach the wheel)

and why, oh why, do the ac adapters switch off when you turn off the car???? can someone please answer me... that probably irritates me more than not having fold down rear seats.

• 1 month later...
where are the new wheels for the LGT... to not be shared with the N/A's.

The Sti's & WRX's have a new finish on their wheels. WHERE IS OURS?!

UMMMMM.....

Have you seen the 07 GT pics around here?

Legacy GT gets new wheels. Not shared with 2.5i. Not the same silver paint as before.

They are new six-spoke deals, with a machine spun face. And IMHO, they leave quite a LOT to be desired. They aren't sporty at all.

That in itself qualifies as a "WTF?! Subaru?"

That and no memory seats on anything shy of a Spec B.

UMMMMM.....

Have you seen the 07 GT pics around here?

Legacy GT gets new wheels. Not shared with 2.5i. Not the same silver paint as before.

They are new six-spoke deals, with a machine spun face. And IMHO, they leave quite a LOT to be desired. They aren't sporty at all.

That in itself qualifies as a "WTF?! Subaru?"

That's true! But I thought those wheels where for the new Spec. B.

Anyway, WTF were they thinking when they designed those!

• 2 weeks later...
D

my list:

--front dome light (wagon)

Thses are minor things. Overall The car is great!

i used some instructions from the modification forum to make the map lights operate with the dome light, and also still work independantly when the doors are closed... it really brightened up the front seat/dash area.... i just need to get around to putting brighter/whiter bulbs in....

Here's my list of things that would be nice to have:

1) Auto-up/down windows

2) Front overhead light that turns on when you open the doors (like the dome light). I don't want to mess with wiring to get it working, either.

3) Telescoping steering wheel

4) Improved side & thigh bolstering

5) A stereo that's not integrated with the HVAC so I can install an aftermarket head unit.

6) XM or Sirus (would be nice, but this is minor for me)

7) HIDs (minor... since the stock projector halogens are still light years better than my old Mk4 VW reflector halogens)

8) A headrest that tilts forward

9) A normal (i.e., common) tire size. What's with this 215/45-18 and 215/45-17 garbage? There isn't much selection in these sizes. 225/40-18 and 225/45-17 is much more common. I can always switch, but that costs money.

10) A smoother shift linkage. (This may be fixed with the '07 6-speed, which I haven't driven yet.)

11) Optional, *real* sport suspension (i.e., STi) -- This is a necessity. I'm tired of putzing around trying to find a good suspension setup on all of my cars.

12) Shorter steering rack (i.e., STi)

12) Aw heck... just make a Legacy STi for us! :icon_bigg

• 2 months later...

WTF?!?! Where is my dedicated coin cubby? I have all kinds of change rolling around in my cupholder.

WTF?!?! No folding rear seats!

WTF?!?! Rear defroster sucks!

WTF?!?! No external key latch on my trunk!

I think there are more too......

it is not that bad. the fact that it can't be replaced or easily added to is much worse than the sound quality. Sure, better can be had. it is more aggravating that better can't be installed.

I think the fact it can't be replaced adds to it being lackluster. Thats ok though, its nothing a clean sweep, a couple amps, components, and a sub can't fix. :dm:

Considering that Subarus are promoted for their driving capabilities in bad weather, I've never understood why they don't offer headlight washers.

My 90 Legacy sedan had a fold down rear seat, then they took that feature away sometime in the 90s? Don't the 07's offer it again?

Considering that Subarus are promoted for their driving capabilities in bad weather, I've never understood why they don't offer headlight washers.

My 90 Legacy sedan had a fold down rear seat, then they took that feature away sometime in the 90s? Don't the 07's offer it again?

HID's and Headlight washers!

and yes, they offer the fold down on the 07 now... hence why I got an 05 wagon instead of a sedan, because I actually want to be able to haul something in my car bigger than the trunk.....

Archived