LegacyGT.com

Official WTF Subaru Thread!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot the trunk technology from sixties on the sedan. Those stupid bar springs and exposed hinges instead of dampers. I have that on my Altima and hated it dearly (still hate as I keep the beater).

Luckily I have the wagon so this comment does not apply.

Oh yeah also, for the love of God, make a decent ad for TV that people don't have to be embarrassed to see. I really like the Audi add whatever its called, song says "streets of tomorrow". It was pretty cool, as opposed to "Every day is a winding road" by SHERYL CROW, wtf?

edit: this is what i am talking about, nice wrc footage lol

:whore:

I hate Subaru's advertising. Just another example of how SoA is totally inept.

This is more like the way Subaru should advertise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4klVKVPJnU&search=subaru%20commercial

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

My opinion is invalid, because I'm only a soon to be owner, instead of an already owned and had time to complain guy here but...

1.) Test drive provided me with proof that the seats, are way to firm to be comfortable on a long trip, bummer I expect more for $32,000

2.) Cup holders directly in the damn way of shifter, even me buying a 5EAT is crummy because straws on a drink slice your arm up when using sport mode.

3.) Arm rest so low it needs an expensive optional extention just to come even close to your elbow comfort height? WTF

4.) Why does Japan always get the front fascia that looks better, and more aggressive? Ours still looks like a dead catfish. *shrug.*

5.) Upon reading this thread, I came to understand the vehicle I was only going to purchase because it was being made, and imported from Japan is now being assembled and shipped directly out of Indiana USA? .....

That was so dissapointing, I almost completely changed my mind about purchasing the vehicle at all. If I wanted a crappy american car, I would have looked for one.

better brakes

atleast a decent looking front bumper

better paint

better sheet metal.. 2 dings on the passenger door in less than 1 month of ownership

F the ugly wood grain and give us real aluminum... but i like how the 07 has the dark wood trim..i like that

18's as an option

more comfortable seats... i love how they look but i wish they were more comfortable from day 1... im used to them now

also whats up with the hard and easy to be scratched plastic around the heated seats control?

and the slide cover over the cup holder, i hate that material on it. its hard to clean and attracts a ton of dust and other particles

Do Subaru all engineers all have teensy, weensy, tiny, itty bitty littlefeet?

My legacy and my wife's WRX are generally comfortable enough and roomy enough, but there's barely enough room on for my feet on either the passenger or drivers side of either car.

P.

i agree... i wear a sz10 and i never had any trouble with room in other cars till i bought the Legacy

My opinion is invalid, because I'm only a soon to be owner, instead of an already owned and had time to complain guy here but...

1.) Test drive provided me with proof that the seats, are way to firm to be comfortable on a long trip, bummer I expect more for $32,000

I don't think you can tell that from a test drive. I drove 17 hours nearly non-stop in my LGT and had very little discomfort.

2.) Cup holders directly in the damn way of shifter, even me buying a 5EAT is crummy because straws on a drink slice your arm up when using sport mode.

I've really never found that to be an issue, although admittedly I don't have food in my car very often.

3.) Arm rest so low it needs an expensive optional extention just to come even close to your elbow comfort height? WTF

4.) Why does Japan always get the front fascia that looks better, and more aggressive? Ours still looks like a dead catfish. *shrug.*

Blame Canada.

5.) Upon reading this thread, I came to understand the vehicle I was only going to purchase because it was being made, and imported from Japan is now being assembled and shipped directly out of Indiana USA? .....

That was so dissapointing, I almost completely changed my mind about purchasing the vehicle at all. If I wanted a crappy american car, I would have looked for one.

:icon_conf

The Legacy has been manufactured in Indiana for almost 17 years.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I was totally ignorant to that fact, I thought it was an imported vehicle. I mean, I realize we are dealing with SOA here, but I never would have guessed such vehicles came from the USA.

That fact however, makes the purchase decision a little easier knowing it has been going this way for quite some time now, I don't feel as bad because they are still great automobiles.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that it is built in indiana. It is a non-union shop, IIRC, and aside from the few little things that any plant would have, they seem built pretty well.

Ironically the "crap american cars" you refer to, some are built outside the country... Some of the most "domestic" american cars are only ~70% american sourced. Some are build almost entirely in canada, or more likely in mexico.

That is one thing that kills me about the whole "buy american" thing. it is mostly tripe, when you consider point of assembly. None of the car companies seem to really in it for the love of the products, anyway. It is all just to get into the car market to try and make some money. Just something to sell. Maybe when you get to the Porsche/Ferrari/Aston Martin level, or boutique cottage-industry sports cars (almost all british) but none of the major players, nor most of the Asian companies.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that it is built in indiana. It is a non-union shop, IIRC, and aside from the few little things that any plant would have, they seem built pretty well.

Ironically the "crap american cars" you refer to, some are built outside the country... Some of the most "domestic" american cars are only ~75% american sourced. Some are build almost entirely in canada, or more likely in mexico.

That is one thing that kills me about the whole "buy american" thing. it is mostly tripe.

The thing that has done in US car makers is the SEC quarterly report. GM and Ford (who knows what is happening with Daimler) are run by accountants not the engineers.

I would argue that DC, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, (especially SOA), VAG, Nissan/Renault, Hyundai/Kia, and Fiat ALL are run by accountants not by engineers and planners that love cars, if such people are still in the industry, and not flushed out, or frustrated and left.

I would argue that DC, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, (especially SOA), VAG, Nissan/Renault, Hyundai/Kia, and Fiat ALL are run by accountants not by engineers and planners that love cars, if such people are still in the industry, and not flushed out, or frustrated and left.

Car manufacturing is a massive undertaking and accountants are there to crunch numbers. Every car could be built like a tank but then no one would be able to afford one. The Jap OEMs place a little more emphasis on engineering, IMHO, while the domestic makers are nickle and diming parts shaving 50 cents here and a buck there. The result being simple things like switches for example in "domestic" cars feel like crap breaking down after 5 yrs while the Jap switches feel good and last forever. The Jap OEMs look further down the road than the "domestics" and have garnered a loyal following that is gaining more and more market share.

Doode, if you just lean back a little it works perfect :lol:

yea...i have to do a gangsta lean for my elbow to rest comfortably

Well, for the wifey's OBXT, I don't really have any complaints. OK, memory seats (10" difference in height).

I'll be getting an '07, so my complaints are:

#1 - 99 - NO MANUAL TRANS IN A WAGON!!!!!

(sigh)

-lack of exterior color choices

-lack of ext/int color combinations

-memory seats in anything other than a Spec.B

-lack of power upgrade in Spec.B THAT CAN BE ACHIEVED THROUGH SIMPLE ECU TUNING!!!

-lack of rear wiper on sedan

(sigh)

OK, thanks for the rant, I feel better now.:icon_bigg

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

My #1 complaint is the crappy clutch. I almost can't wait for it to wear out so I can replace it. I'm frusterated because Subaru picked this crappy clutch/pressureplate/flywheel on purpose to save us (or their warrenty claims ) from ourselves.

Other then that, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of luxery featurs in a car ment to compete in the entry level luxury market. The car is missing features present on my 1992 Mitsubishi Galant! Tops on the list is retained power for the accessories after tghe ignition is switched off I thought all cars had that nowadays? Speed sensitive wipers would be nice, too. I have an '04 Nissan Titan SE, and the pickup has a lot more luxury features.

Oh, I also wish that when you put the rear windows down, they didn't look like they were falling off the tracks. They look broken when you put them down.

It's still the best car in it's class though, and it more then makes up for those nit-picks in most other areas. It's just that Subaru could have made the car "perfect" with a little more effort.

Couple things I didn't mention in my earlier posts...

Steering. The steering wheel is huge, and the ratio sucks. I feel like I'm driving a big rig in this car cause I gotta go hand over hand over hand to make like a 10 degree turn. WTF.

Brakes (this has been mentioned a few times). The brakes on the LGT are awful in every way. =(

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Speaking of advertising...

I saw this subaru commercial the other day. I totally forgot what the content of it was, but I was watching and i was like...

"Holy Crap this is the worst and most embarassing commercial EVER. Whoever buys something advertised in this commercial is a total idiot." And then onto the screen rolls a subaru... lol

Seriously I wish I could remember what was in it, but I've blocked it from my mind. It was honestly the most awful commercial I've ever seen. It made my stomach turn.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

I have to say that Audi's advertising campaign for the Q7 really does give the viewer the warm and fuzzies. Subaru has a pretty strong rally herritage that started with Legacies, I think that should be reflected on strongly in Subaru advertising.

exactly, they should pimp their rally roots more. insert some awesome wrc footage, esp some snow action and some cool tunes. makes for a cool ad

speaking of nice subie vids, i kinda like this one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXDTqVugiLI]YouTube - WRX in Iceland[/ame]

Archived