LegacyGT.com

when did you replace brake pads?

silverfool

how many miles or years did you have on your car before you had to change them?

i'm getting new SS lines but only have 15k miles on my car now so wasn't sure if i should change out the pads as well. i don't really do that much spirited driving but have had to make a few hard stops and so wanted a little better brake feel but from what i've read, the pads only do a little for actual stopping distance...

• 5 weeks later...
41k on the stockers and the backing on the outboard drivers side pad started to rust away. There was plenty of pad but it was not seating properly and the car was pulling really hard to that side…I probably could have made a stink about it but I wanted a bbk and new pads anyway.

40k on originals. probably need to replace around 50k
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

replaced both pads and rotors at 47k miles. about 35% of pad and a lot more of the rotor left... just hated the OEM pad performance, and the disks were 'warped' and did not feel like getting them turned.

crucial pads are nice!!! a big difference! :icon_mrgr

Jeezus, how the hell can someone have over 40K on an 05 LGT? Man some of you guys drive alot LOL! I have 8,500K on my 05. It's going to take me 4 years to put 40K on my car!

Anyway.....I'm changing my pads and fluid at 10K when I rotate my tires. Still thinking about getting SS-M's and running that Super Blue Brake Fluid stuff.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Archived