LegacyGT.com

SPT pics

MIKEBRAVO

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be willing to spend a little money to get some dyno test before and after.

Not sure which to dyno. I'd have to do at least 3 dynos... that can get expensive.

Any suggestions...

Dyno with all mods now installed cobb shelf map.

Dyno with SPT intake and all mods (still cobb shelf map) (even though cobb says do not run with any intake but their own)

Dyno with SPT intake all other mods above and TDC TUNE!!!

I'm hoping to hit just above 300 crank HP... think I'm there?

I guess Dyno results will show WHP and can estimate the crank HP somewhat...?

We don't have an SPT intake here and no one has come with one.

We were thinking about buying one to tune with but haven't gotten around to it, plus it won't make us any money.

What will happen is everyone with TDC tunes will email us like crazy for the updated map of THEIR map with the intake chages. That will take a LONG time and we will actually lose money on that deal.

So as of now we have not tuned it yet.

Joe

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

We were thinking about buying one to tune with but haven't gotten around to it, plus it won't make us any money.

What will happen is everyone with TDC tunes will email us like crazy for the updated map of THEIR map with the intake chages. That will take a LONG time and we will actually lose money on that deal.

Joe

But for those that do not have a TDC map like me, you could make some money:)

Joe

So you guys update people's maps for free when they add new parts?

what are you talking about, lose money because your to cheap to buy an SPT intake/heatshield to tune it for people who are waiting for the proper SPT map? i was under the impression you had maps for everything. all the maps you have now is because some customer came in with said mods? i guess i better rethink TDC. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

what are you talking about, lose money because your to cheap to buy an SPT intake/heatshield to tune it for people who are waiting for the proper SPT map? i was under the impression you had maps for everything. all the maps you have now is because some customer came in with said mods? i guess i better rethink TDC. bosco

How else would a tuner be able to tune a car than to have a customer come in and get their car tuned :confused::iam:

Quit creating drama :icon_roll

How else would a tuner be able to tune a car than to have a customer come in and get their car tuned :confused::iam:

Quit creating drama :icon_roll

Yeah seriously. Do you REALLY expect us to purchase every combo of every part out there on our dime to give it away for free later. Obviously you don't know much about margins and how to run a small business.

We have built our database on our ability to tune and our reputation. People come to us b/c they KNOW they are getting the best. And we realized that and packaged it.

Would you rather us be dishonest and say uhh oh yeah we have a map for that. And then send you one that blows up your car????

Jeez come on....if you knew how much work it really was you wouldn't have made that statement. We honor and stand by our work, but we don't give it away for free. If people want to PAY for an upgrade to the SPT intake map, we will buy one tomorrow and start tuning.

Yeah seriously. Do you REALLY expect us to purchase every combo of every part out there on our dime to give it away for free later. Obviously you don't know much about margins and how to run a small business.

We have built our database on our ability to tune and our reputation. People come to us b/c they KNOW they are getting the best. And we realized that and packaged it.

Would you rather us be dishonest and say uhh oh yeah we have a map for that. And then send you one that blows up your car????

Jeez come on....if you knew how much work it really was you wouldn't have made that statement. We honor and stand by our work, but we don't give it away for free. If people want to PAY for an upgrade to the SPT intake map, we will buy one tomorrow and start tuning.

Hate to take the thunder from SPT intake, but do you have maps for Blitz SUS intake?

New name, same ideology :)

No that isn't fair. It wasn't inteded to be mean at all. It is more to state the reality of the comment that was made.

I am not mad or upset, he can have his opinion. But to state we are cheap b/c there are a line of people that are "waiting" for the proper map is not correct at all. A brand new product doesn't me its free for all.

In fact not one person has even seriously approached us about the SPT yet.

i'm not trying to get into a pissing match with TDC. i also did not say your product is bad in any way. in fact quite the opposite i plan to purchase a map from you if you will still sell it to me. my point is the intake is around $200 your telling me you will not recoup your $200 plus resell the intake to another customer when done? people want it now not when you can find a donor thats all i was saying. as far as TDC upgrading maps i thought that was factored in. sorry if i offended you or your company. pm me when map is available i'm one of the paying ones. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

No offense take at all, seriously.

See there is a difference between upgrading someone to a map we have completed and upgrading someone to a map that isn't built yet.

See if you have an UP and DP and buy a map from us. Then you get a TMIC, we don't send you the same map with TMIC tweaks. It is a better map that is made for UP DP and TMIC now.

With the SPT, we don't have all those alternate maps made. So for Jon to have to put the upgrades into eveyones current map is a LOT of effort. Similar to the TPS upgrades. That was a mess and we spent a ton of labor time doing that and didn't ask for a dime, but it was too much.

So until we have enough banks of maps which will take time, it would be hard to cutomize all the maps out there as the requests come in..

Make sense? So it isn't a matter of being cheap. Yes we could buy the intake and then use it or sell it. It is the labor time to try to update all those peoples maps that now want it in theirs for no fee.

Unless we jsut built a realtime that you slapped on and called it a day. But that isn't how we operate.

Of course we will sell you a map still. No hard feelings with this. It is just a discussion. I just want you to see it from our point.

The other thing to remember is we dont even know if that intake is crap or not yet. We won't even tune Perrin anymore, it just won't tune. So if SPT is the same then there will be NO maps for it at all.-

How could they approach you guys its only been out for a week...Give me a break. I happen to get one of the first SPT intakes to come out and I haven't had time to even think about a tune. I am still waiting for the heat shield.:lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

^ give you a break?

People have been requesting upgrades to their map for that spt before it even came out. And this thread is a perfect example of that. You make my point perfectly. It has only been out for a week and everyone is expecting us to have bought one and tuned it for all applications already.

My point exactly ;)

If someone was really interested and they really bought one, (and within distance that they deem worth it) they would call us and say they want to throw it up on the dyno and get it tuned. We would probably discount that person for being serious and the first one

This is slightly off topic but may be important. There apprears to be less soot on my tail pipes since installing the intake. I'm not possitive yet but I would say it has decreased about 25-30%. How would I know you say, well thats one of the areas I'm very anal about. I can't say I miss the soot, but I dont it to be a sign of running too lean. I'll continue to keep track of it:icon_bigg

CA to NH is a little too far of a drive, but dont get me wrong I actually thought about it for a second. For some reason I thought you guy were in WA

i'm not trying to get into a pissing match with TDC. i also did not say your product is bad in any way. in fact quite the opposite i plan to purchase a map from you if you will still sell it to me. my point is the intake is around $200 your telling me you will not recoup your $200 plus resell the intake to another customer when done? people want it now not when you can find a donor thats all i was saying. as far as TDC upgrading maps i thought that was factored in. sorry if i offended you or your company. pm me when map is available i'm one of the paying ones. bosco

Bosco

you arent understanding Joe

selling the maps is fine, i was planning on getting sthe SPT for tuning maps,

the issue here which you are not getting is this:

The maps that i sell are tune for each mod. IF you change it, i can typically adjust

and it snot a big deal. UNTIL YOU ADD AN INTAKE

perfect example: Perrin intakes, they suck and require a ton of adjustments to make right, and they are different on every car

K&N are super consistent enough so i can make adjustments to a map

to compensate for one

But when you get an intake that isnt proven and DOES alter mafV

it becomes an issue. If i make a map for it and X mods

i have no issue selling that as is

but ADDING that calibration to everyones map that wants it

will cost me money (labor)

Hence the need to charge for an UPGRADED map

it wont affect the $150 maps price because the maps will be pre-made (making 5-6 is alot easier than updating the gajillion maps i have out there) and ready to go

does that make sense?

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Archived