LegacyGT.com

SPT pics

MIKEBRAVO

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, I had no idea what datalogs were. I was under the impression they had to be done on a dyno. TDC has since enlighted me.:lol: I'll see if I cant do some this weekend.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Nope, I'm torn. Do I spend 300.00 to data log it on my stock GT, which may or may not show any gains, or spend the 300.00 on an Uppipe and get 10-15WHP gain for sure. I'm not planning to go Stage II so I wont be getting an AP anytime soon. The intake for me is just a Bling whoosh machine.:)

Since when did it cost $300 to log?

oops, I see that was already adressed.

But, I guess the question is if the SPT intake affects the MAF in an adverse way.

Not so much.....so how is your car running with it? Thats the only mod you have done to it correct? What are the differences since you put it on?

Not so much.....so how is your car running with it? Thats the only mod you have done to it correct? What are the differences since you put it on?

Yes, it is the only engine mod. Car runs great. Still getting about 20-21.5 mpg about 1-1.5 better then without the intake. The sound it makes is what I like the best.:icon_mrgr

I have a couple of sound clips theyre not that great but you can hear the BOV pretty well, in real life you can hear more suction and spool. Pm me your Email if interested or instruction on how to post it to the Forum.

Yeh that would be cool. I PM you... Did you install it yourself?

yes, I installed it my self it was easy. The instructions were clear and complete, nice for a change. Don't forget to change out the MAF screws though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just installed the intake and the heat shield. Initial impressions are kind of mixed.

If you are just reving the engine, not much difference. Driving around, not hard, with the windows closed, AC off, radio off, the top end sound isn't all that loud. I think it's not as loud as partial throttle with the silencer off @ 3-4K. But now you constantly hear the turbo spooling up and down when you are below 3K. It's kind of annoying since it's a higher pitch noise. It was amusing to lift off the throttle and hear it spool down along with the waste gate.

Windows open, you hear more wind noise than the turbo spooling up and down except at slow speeds. With the windows closed, AC on, radio @ 7 or so, you barely hear the turbo.

I do like how it sounds compared with stock once you get above 3K. I think hearing the turbo spooling might get annoying after a while. I think I'll give it a few weeks before I decide whether or not to keep it. Hearing the turbo is amusing, but it might get old after a while. Just don't know yet.

Well I just installed the intake and the heat shield. Initial impressions are kind of mixed.

If you are just reving the engine, not much difference. Driving around, not hard, with the windows closed, AC off, radio off, the top end sound isn't all that loud. I think it's not as loud as partial throttle with the silencer off @ 3-4K. But now you constantly hear the turbo spooling up and down when you are below 3K. It's kind of annoying since it's a higher pitch noise. It was amusing to lift off the throttle and hear it spool down along with the waste gate.

Windows open, you hear more wind noise than the turbo spooling up and down except at slow speeds. With the windows closed, AC on, radio @ 7 or so, you barely hear the turbo.

I do like how it sounds compared with stock once you get above 3K. I think hearing the turbo spooling might get annoying after a while. I think I'll give it a few weeks before I decide whether or not to keep it. Hearing the turbo is amusing, but it might get old after a while. Just don't know yet.

Had you heard the intake prior to installing the heatshield or did you do both at once? I'm curious , although I doubt it, as to whether or not the heat shield affected the sound at all.

I didn't install it without the heat shield, I was going to but Subaru sent the wrong bushing. I ended up finding my own bushing, but I did find out Subaru is sending a complete new intake :confused: so I can swap out that bushing tomorrow.

I doubt the heat shield makes a difference in sound. It does make a difference in heat. When I was done playing around, I checked under the hood and the air filter temp was much lower than when I was pulling the stock one out an hour earlier. The cast pipe was quite warm. I do wish I can get the snorkel back in.

I didn't install it without the heat shield, I was going to but Subaru sent the wrong bushing. I ended up finding my own bushing, but I did find out Subaru is sending a complete new intake :confused: so I can swap out that bushing tomorrow.

I doubt the heat shield makes a difference in sound. It does make a difference in heat. When I was done playing around, I checked under the hood and the air filter temp was much lower than when I was pulling the stock one out an hour earlier. The cast pipe was quite warm. I do wish I can get the snorkel back in.

Any Pics? I too hope I can figure a way to replace the snorkel. I think it makes the engine compartment look finished, even if it only ends up being visually pleasing

I'll take a few when I get home tonight. With the way it is designed, there's no way to get the snorkel back in. One of the attachment point on the heat shield is right where the snorkel fits over.

Archived