LegacyGT.com

SPT pics

MIKEBRAVO

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
High flow intake SOA8431010 $209.95

CONSTRUCTED OF 319 DIE CAST ALUMINUM, MANUFACTURED TO ENSURE THE SMOOTHEST HIGH FLOWING BENDS, EACH INTAKE KIT INCLUES A SILICONE REINFORCED BOOT, ANTI VIBRATION MOUNTING SYSTEM, STAINLESS STEEL T BOLT CLAMPS, AND A SPT 4 LAYER COTTON GAUGE FILTER W/ BUILT IN VELOCITY STACK FOR SMOOTH AIR FLOW. tHEY COME IN A NEW GUNMETAL GRAY TEXTURED POWDER COAT FINISH AND FEATURE A RAISED SPT LOGO AND ARE CARB CERTIFIED AND COMPLIANT WITH 50 STATE EMISSIONS REGULATIONS.

SPT HEAT SHIELDS ALSO WILL BE AVAILABLE MID JUNE SOA8431040.

Thank you sir,,:)

one available what? your selling the uppipe or the intake or something? I'm so confused

I might be buying an STI uppipe like yours,:icon_bigg but I need the gaskets for the install.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

yeah I'm still waiting for the balls to spend the money on a DP so that I can eventually then spend more on an AP and go stg 2. Let me know when you want that UP and I'll get you a price on it. Personally you should just but the one online for $170 thats the same thing just doesn't say subaru on it. My "Official" STI up cost me at MY cost $250.

oh another insight on my car though...

I went HOG stg 2 yesterday and love it :)

I'll have to come by and take a listen. You in Riverside this week?

Oh here are some pics of the wheel well holes. Before and after a car wash.

278523225_SPTfenderwell001_640x480.jpg.ec8d4043a4e9300236d9a1a2b05ae665.jpg

[ATTACH]19681[/ATTACH]

1573698945_SPTfenderwell007_640x480.jpg.a97b72fe27d1f65dbe32ecdaea02a264.jpg

I live here all week but go down to surf on the weekends. Just call me up and I'd be glad to meet you somewhere so you could hear it.

I'll give you a call. I think I'm going to get the Bosal uppipe from Fastwrx, the price is a little more 214.00 shipped but it comes with the gaskets.

Questions:

MAF compatability? Anyoe verify that this thing will not effect the MAF sensor that everyone talks about when referring to Cold Air Intakes.

I put the idea of buying one out my head a while ago. I just recently bought a panel filter K&N. Now I see the SPT and I'm freaking out.

I also had a question about ECU reset. Someone posted that the install instructions said to disconnect the battery when they were done.

Is that general practice for anything. I just installed UP/DP/CBE and then Used my new AP to flash to the Stage 2 CA 91 map. ALL COBB except for CBE.

I never heard anything or thought about unplugging the battery.

Is that different because a complete tune/map was involved?

thanks

Ministiguy that made me so happy i cant tell you, you jsut convinced me that it is ok and not useless to spend thousands of dollars on a car, thank you, its what i wanted to hear.

Questions:

MAF compatability? Anyoe verify that this thing will not effect the MAF sensor that everyone talks about when referring to Cold Air Intakes.

The above concern doesn't just apply for "cold air" intakes, but rather, *_all_* aftermarket intake systems.

As for how this applies to the new SPT intake?

So far, Subaru claims that it will not negatively affect anything - however, I do not believe that there has been independent verification of this claim, yet.

^ Note that this statement is just that - a statement of fact, as we currently know them to be. I am not in any way trying to imply any negative feelings about the SPT intake. :)

I also had a question about ECU reset. Someone posted that the install instructions said to disconnect the battery when they were done.

Is that general practice for anything. I just installed UP/DP/CBE and then Used my new AP to flash to the Stage 2 CA 91 map. ALL COBB except for CBE.

I never heard anything or thought about unplugging the battery.

Disconnecting the battery-negative for about 30 seconds or pulling the ECU main fuse for the same duration accomplishes a hard "reset" of your ECU. This essentially purges your vehicle's "memory," and when combined with certain driving practices, can speed "new learning" of the vehicle's new hardware. This practice is typically performed by some in the community after any major hardware and/or map changes, however, by driving your vehicle "normally" for some time/miles after said changes, you'll essentially accomplish the same thing.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'll give you a call. I think I'm going to get the Bosal uppipe from Fastwrx, the price is a little more 214.00 shipped but it comes with the gaskets.

you may want to ask someone about that. adding a catless up pipe and intake on a stock map may not be good for your subie. better to be safe than sorry.

p.s. i wouldn't buy a bosal. crucial racing's up pipe is similar in price and is heat coated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiTauFord

hasn't everyone replaced some part already that's voided the warranty...or plans to do so?!?

Han'sGT

They should or else they should not be on this board!:icon_evil

Should I quit the forums because I lease my LGT and cant risk voiding anything by going to Stage II? I dont belong because Im not 2fastand2furious?

Go buy an srt...

Just ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive. I got a 15% coupon on subaru accessories that I used and my total for intake and heatshield was $265. I think I just gave my email either on the subaru site or spt site and they sent me a coupon. Otherwise, it would have come out to $315 for everything.

you may want to ask someone about that. adding a catless up pipe and intake on a stock map may not be good for your subie. better to be safe than sorry.

p.s. i wouldn't buy a bosal. crucial racing's up pipe is similar in price and is heat coated.

Is the concern that it would lean out the mixture too much or run too cool and throw a cel:confused: ?

I was concerned about putting on a cold air intake after reading the threads about trubulence leaning out the mixture too much, thats why I waited for the SPT. I'm not completly sure but it seems the major difference between the SPT and other intakes is the texture of the tube and the ange of the bends. I dont know if that makes a difference but I hope it does.

However, if it is a problem to run the SPT intake and a catless Uppipe on the stock map. I will, more then likely, put the stock intake back on and swap the uppipe-more of a HPgain from the pipe:icon_bigg. Anyone have any info on this????

Han'sGT, BTW thanks for the info, I hadn't thought of that. I chose the Bosal cause it had the stock look and had factory heat shields attached. I'd like to stay stock looking.

Archived