LegacyGT.com

SPT pics

MIKEBRAVO

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are non-reuseable filters.

Right now I'm leaning towards removing the intake. Hearing the turbo spooling up and down is starting to get annoying. I like how it sounds above 3K when the engine noise surpasses the turbo noise, but it's just driving me nuts for normal driving below 3K.

same with my perrin drop in. the noise is ok but can get a little annoying. I'd much rather hear more boxer rumble via a cat back.

spt intake is louder than the perrin panel filter.

You're not going to get the snorkel to fit. The edge gasket is pretty much right under the hood. The notch right before the intake is to clear the rod that holds the hood up. The only way to get the snorkel to fit is to heavily modify the heat shield.

I think if I decide to keep the intake and get really bored, I might make a heat shield out of carbon fiber because carbon fiber is a good insulator, it's also a good conductor of heat depending on the fiber orientation. I have a few ideas on getting the snorkel to fit and also so it is supported not just by the two plastic screws up front.

They are non-reuseable filters.

Right now I'm leaning towards removing the intake. Hearing the turbo spooling up and down is starting to get annoying. I like how it sounds above 3K when the engine noise surpasses the turbo noise, but it's just driving me nuts for normal driving below 3K.

How much are you looking to get for it shipped if you sell it?

Dibs if you sell it.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

FYI, Liberty Subaru in NJ seems to have these on sale:

Here

Intake List Price: $209.95 / Our Price: $157.46

http://images.cobaltgroup.com/wizards99/templates/images/promo/promo_accessories_templ/separator02.gif

Heatshield List Price: $89.95 / Our Price: $67.46

FYI, Liberty Subaru in NJ seems to have these on sale:

Here

Intake List Price: $209.95 / Our Price: $157.46

http://images.cobaltgroup.com/wizards99/templates/images/promo/promo_accessories_templ/separator02.gif

Heatshield List Price: $89.95 / Our Price: $67.46

Where is Liberty?

Denial is your best friend

If everyone wants to donate a few $$ to me, enough to purchase a good portion of a new SPT intake, I will take the time to go to TDC and get it tuned depending on what TDC charges for it. I currently have no other mods, so I could do a stock + intake tune and then hopefully while I am there, pick up a AP and then do that tune...

hoping that TDC hooks me up with a good tune price to silence all the people and help build their map bank...

Hay, Subaruparts have alway done me right....as long as the part is in stock.

I ordered my heatsheild and billet oil cap on the 27th and recieved it on the 30th.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived