LegacyGT.com

Water in my hood scoop!!!

Prod

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Your intake and intercooler were the least of the danger. You're lucky you didn't get the "road" washed out from underneath you while making that ford. There must be some pretty solid rock under that creek, rather than gravel.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

It's what makes Subaru a Subaru

I can't really make any comments aobut being stupid casue I know I got my little subaru into alot of things I shouldn't have by 1st being overconfident in the subaru and 2. not really realizing what exactly I was getting it into until it was to late. now while I haven't forged any rivers in it, It has always gotten through it without any harm.

I used to have a 1999 Chrysler 300m. During a big storm a local road flooded. I thought it was only a few inches deep but when I drove thru it the water came up to the top of the doors where the window starts. I kept my foot on the gas & made it thru. After some shaking for a min when I got back on dry road, the car started running fine again. The carpets were soaked but other than that I had no problems with it. I drove it for 3 years after that & never had one single issue. It was a lease so I didn't give a crap about it but still it ran great for a long time. I'm not saying it's a good idea. All I'm saying is I believe it's possible to do that without much of a problem.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Wow!

So, did water get inside the cabin?

Nope.

As far as the road goes, the ground was pretty solid, but as I said, I did drift a few inches towards the right and had to correct. My friends thought we were totally screwed then. I was glad the car was still running after the initial splash. I was on Kuhmo MXs, not RE92s.

Nope.

As far as the road goes, the ground was pretty solid, but as I said, I did drift a few inches towards the right and had to correct. My friends thought we were totally screwed then. I was glad the car was still running after the initial splash. I was on Kuhmo MXs, not RE92s.

It wasn't a "Drift" in the classic sense of the word, it's more like your car almost started floating down the mofo. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I used to have a 1999 Chrysler 300m. During a big storm a local road flooded. I thought it was only a few inches deep but when I drove thru it the water came up to the top of the doors where the window starts. I kept my foot on the gas & made it thru. After some shaking for a min when I got back on dry road, the car started running fine again. The carpets were soaked but other than that I had no problems with it. I drove it for 3 years after that & never had one single issue. It was a lease so I didn't give a crap about it but still it ran great for a long time. I'm not saying it's a good idea. All I'm saying is I believe it's possible to do that without much of a problem.

UP TO THE WINDOWS?!:icon_surp

That's like 3 feet!

Kudo's to the amazing technical ingenuity of Chrysler.

UP TO THE WINDOWS?!:icon_surp

That's like 3 feet!

Kudo's to the amazing technical ingenuity of Chrysler.

Dude, no joke it was like over 2 feet of water. I was floating for a min but the momentum of the car kept it going. I thought for sure it was f-ed. I know someone is gonna call bullshit on my story but I can swear on my life that it kept on runnin for 3 years. That car was weird though. Everything was sealed up. You couldn't even change a lightbulb without going to the dealer. The headlight assemblies had a special keys to open them up to get at the bulbs.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

That was cool. I watched it twice. Did you notice the "Outback" camper in the last couple frames. He was rooting for you. "Holy Subaru, Batman!" Glad the car is OK. If anyone was thinking of trying to total their car this way, they will have to go for the bridge abuttment "strategy" instead. (Not that anyone thinks like that)

Ride on

PS. Screw the Outback when a Leggy Gt Wagon can handle streams like that. Yeah Baby!

This is not my beautiful car.

Don't think I would have had the balls to try.

I know I have the brains NOT to try.

Yet another good reason NOT to buy an off lease vehicle.

It is still ugly.

Yet another good reason NOT to buy an off lease vehicle.

Never buy an off lease vehicle. I can tell you I beat the piss out of that 300m in all kinds of ways besides running it thru 2+ feet of water. Dealer had no idea when I returned it. I even gave it back with a bent rim for a spare in the trunk (full sized). I will honestly say that was my 2nd favorite car besides the legacy. Ok, enough with my bullshit. Back to our regularly scheduled program. :icon_tong

I'd worry abou the ECU getting soaked cause that's in the passenger footwell.

I can tell you from experience that water WILL slowly penetrate the cabin of a 2002 Legacy when subjected to less than 8" of water. I got caught in a flash flood at the beach a few years ago. Initially I thought no water got into the cabin, but 3 days later I noticed the carpets were damp underneath the front seats. Within a week a slight mildew smell started taking over the cabin.

Luckily the local detail shop was able to vacuum all water out from under the carpets and deep clean them. The car is still in great shape today.

Hopefully the 2005 Legacy doesn't take on water like the 2002 does!

Archived