LegacyGT.com

Water in my hood scoop!!!

Prod

I think he made it clear it was a dumb move. Quit with the bashing people.

Yeah, there's really no reason to keep harrassing the guy. He knows it was a mistake. Same obnoxious BS some of you guys pull when someone gets in to an accident. Get over yourselves.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, Subaru owners like that are an embarassment. 100% pure idiot. One day, he will find out that the rescue helicopter and crew will cost him about $15,000.

And, if he's dead, they will bill his estate.

what a stupid post......and that just about covers it

Yeah, there's really no reason to keep harrassing the guy. He knows it was a mistake. Same obnoxious BS some of you guys pull when someone gets in to an accident. Get over yourselves.

He was also unaware of how deep the water was since it had risen over the past few hours & other cars had made it thru when it was deeper.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

So the real question if you ask me is how did he make it? Was it a fluke? Did his turbo charger help keep the water out because he had pressure in the system? Ideas anyone

I would imagine that the turbo would act like a vacuum cleaner…..so good engineering would be my best guess.

One thing to think about is where the intake is. On the subaru it's on the passenger side, which was the oppisite side of the flow of water. On the Jeep, it's on the Drivers side.

It's also awesome when I go snowboarding and the SUVs are slip sliding because they don't have 4x4/AWD and are inching along while I power past them and leave them in my salt/snow spray LOL.

+1 i had some a-hole puttering along and when i passed him he flashed me so i got in front and nailed the gas. covering his windshield with mucky road sluchy grime:lol:

Wait, so after 2 days, I see now that people are FLAMING Prod for making a bad decision after someone gave him bad information? Geez ... he thought it was 3" deep ... It wasn't. That's an "oops".

People just like an excuse to flame I guess. It's not like he was driving recklessly and knowingly endangering others. :rolleyes:

Prod is a good guy and was only being nice by showing us pictures of "holy crap! not what I expected, and I got lucky"

Let it go.

Meh, lots of cars and SUVs have intakes in the wheelwell/down low, Grand Cherokee had it low for a while:

"We had a Grand Cherokee that hydrolocked in 4" of water in our driveway. Chrysler said it was an accident and they weren't liable even though the air intake was mounted BELOW THE FRONT BUMPER on an alleged "off road vehicle". Interestingly, they moved it much higher the following model year . . ."

"Fords have had the same problems. Ever looked at the scoop on an early version of the xploder? Yep, right there just above the bumper behind the grill."

I'd say the Subaru's air intake is high for a car, and unlike some wheelwell intake systems, you aren't going to flood it in a deep puddle.

Glad to see the car made it out okay, what a great story...and even better pics! :D

Actually, Subaru owners like that are an embarassment. 100% pure idiot. One day, he will find out that the rescue helicopter and crew will cost him about $15,000.

And, if he's dead, they will bill his estate.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/LA-CITY-700.jpg

Prod self admitted that it was foolish, he didn't know it'd be that deep, and it's his car so he can do what ever he wants with it including driving off a cliff....im sure he's not that dumb...he had somewhere to go, knew his car had the best chance of getting across, so he went for it.... he had some 300miles to get home if i remember correctly??? Sh*t the guy wanted to leave philly and with his own car, made a choice on his own, and everything paid off...... Its actually flamers like you that shouldn't have a spot on this forum and embaress many on this subaru community......some of you grown folks are too mature for us and always feel the need to throw in you're two cents that include nothing positive at all......Prod, if you hydrolocked im sure you still would have brought this to our attention here at LGT with no shame in what you did....once again...YOU ARE THE ILLEST MAN ALIVE.

Prod self admitted that it was foolish, he didn't know it'd be that deep, and it's his car so he can do what ever he wants with it including driving off a cliff....im sure he's not that dumb...he had somewhere to go, knew his car had the best chance of getting across, so he went for it.... he had some 300miles to get home if i remember correctly??? Sh*t the guy wanted to leave philly and with his own car, made a choice on his own, and everything paid off...... Its actually flamers like you that shouldn't have a spot on this forum and embaress many on this subaru community......some of you grown folks are too mature for us and always feel the need to throw in you're two cents that include nothing positive at all......Prod, if you hydrolocked im sure you still would have brought this to our attention here at LGT with no shame in what you did....once again...YOU ARE THE ILLEST MAN ALIVE.

:whore:

Archived