LegacyGT.com

Water in my hood scoop!!!

Prod

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am very surprised the motor didnt hydrolock. If only a little came in at a time motor was probably able to evaporate it quick enough. (the hot turbo can help to). In my younger years i did hydrolock a late 90's ford ranger. as stated previously Ford had a crap design by placing the intake right above the bumper. I was playing around in some puddles, and the right front tire went into a hole, yep sucked in water. Just pulled the plugs, turned the starter to eject the water. Put the plugs back in and it ran fine (well sold the truck not more then a year later). It is all about intake placement. Most cars have them really low in the fender well, only a few inches above the ground. Subaru did a nice job on enginering ours. Up high. All of the better new SUV's and Trucks that are degined well have the intake up high in the fender well. Most people could care less though.

I think this guy is a complete idiot and did not think things through......

.... who would be dumb enough NOT to get their buddy to Roof Surf while crossing the river i.e.Teen Wolf... thats a missed opportunity if i've ever seen one ;)

Archived