LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

So I installed my Cusco rear sway yesterday. While I was down there I installed 4 washers of about .75mm thickness (1 for each bolt, not 16 all total). I kinda like the sound, definitely sounds different than most. I have an uppipe, catless downpipe, stock 3rd cat pipe and Bosal catback. Sound is fairly loud all around, great at idle, but annoying at anything less than WOT. It will be coming back off very soon. I would rather get a race pipe for the 3rd cat and have more sound with more random popping.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I installed my Cusco rear sway yesterday. While I was down there I installed 4 washers of about .75mm thickness (1 for each bolt, not 16 all total). I kinda like the sound, definitely sounds different than most. I have an uppipe, catless downpipe, stock 3rd cat pipe and Bosal catback. Sound is fairly loud all around, great at idle, but annoying at anything less than WOT. It will be coming back off very soon. I would rather get a race pipe for the 3rd cat and have more sound with more random popping.

add 4 more in, so it's 2 all around - I found my idle actually quieted down a bit with more. Odd flow dynammics, i'm sure...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Having the Bosal cat-back changes things. I presume the Bosal system is already louder than stock, so, adding the washers makes it too loud. Also, most here have added the washers to the stock exhaust. Having the Bosal system introduces another variable. It may be that having HogZawst with Bosal gives a completely different sound from HogZawst with stock exhaust.

It all boils down to what sounds good to you.

Well, I've had the mod for like 2 months now...6 weeks driving time (was gone for vacation for two weeks). I love the sound for sure. I have noticed though, that I am getting some soot related discolorations underneath. It isn't much. The flanges are black...which I think is expected. The undercoating under the gas tank definitely is getting darker (only around the area around the flanges). Does anyone know if this will harm anything? I don't care if it turns black, I just don't know if soot eats away at anything though, which is my primary concern. If it does, I don't mind buttoning it up...it will just give me more motivation to get a full cat back :)

Well, I've had the mod for like 2 months now...6 weeks driving time (was gone for vacation for two weeks). I love the sound for sure. I have noticed though, that I am getting some soot related discolorations underneath. It isn't much. The flanges are black...which I think is expected. The undercoating under the gas tank definitely is getting darker (only around the area around the flanges). Does anyone know if this will harm anything? I don't care if it turns black, I just don't know if soot eats away at anything though, which is my primary concern. If it does, I don't mind buttoning it up...it will just give me more motivation to get a full cat back :)

I think that's the bottom of your spare tire well, not your gas tank.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

its getting more tempting, hopefully i will hear it in person sometime soon.

It sounds pretty good, not perfect though. For the price you can't beat it. If you are curious, just give it a try. If you don't like it, you will have invested about 30 minutes of your time by the time you get the washers back out.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I've had my Hogzaust stg 2 for months now and I still love the sound of it everytime I get on the gas its just a rush of excitment as I hear the roar of the boxer and the SPT intake.

The main point to this mod is that its:

1. Cheap

2. Not time consuming

3. harmless

4. 100% reversable

5. EASY !!!

6. Decent for the 1.68 in cost in doing.

I was sceptical but I still tried it because the only thing you have to lose is 2 bucks and 20 minutes of time in your allready pathetic life.(pathetic is what my life is so I'm assuming yours is the same)(copyright ministiguy industries)(all those offended by the actions of ministiguy must deal with it or buy 4x washers and install for themselves before complaining back to me)

*.*.*.*Have a Nice Day :) *.*.*.*

I will soon release a Hogzaust V2 - this time, instead of washers that fall into the exhaust pipes, I used a thin nut and threaded it onto the bolt, tightened down, put the other flange on top, and tighten it down - and viola - you have your spacers, and no washers to fall out!

I've had my Hogzaust stg 2 for months now and I still love the sound of it everytime I get on the gas its just a rush of excitment as I hear the roar of the boxer and the SPT intake.

The main point to this mod is that its:

1. Cheap

2. Not time consuming

3. harmless

4. 100% reversable

5. EASY !!!

6. Decent for the 1.68 in cost in doing.

I was sceptical but I still tried it because the only thing you have to lose is 2 bucks and 20 minutes of time in your allready pathetic life.(pathetic is what my life is so I'm assuming yours is the same)(copyright ministiguy industries)(all those offended by the actions of ministiguy must deal with it or buy 4x washers and install for themselves before complaining back to me)

*.*.*.*Have a Nice Day :) *.*.*.*

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

never said "I" dropped them - only the other clumsy fools on this site.

What you think I'm so uncoordinated I'd do something like put a hole in my uppipe?

your nuts

...even though it IS cool shooting a washer out the exhaust pipe and watching it fly for 30 feet....

...not that I'd know...

I will soon release a Hogzaust V2 - this time, instead of washers that fall into the exhaust pipes, I used a thin nut and threaded it onto the bolt, tightened down, put the other flange on top, and tighten it down - and viola - you have your spacers, and no washers to fall out!

Hog, wouldn't using "costly" thin-nuts with threads and all effectively double the cost of this mod? Do you think it would put this , pricewise, out of the reach of many here on the forum to get this done? After all, that was the beauty of the Hawgzaust!!:icon_twis

hmmm.... unless the threads on the nuts add like 5-10hp(?):rolleyes:

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

so, it's official, if you're stage 2 and completely catless... the shorter exhaust outlet (due to hogzawst)... if you're window is partially open, you definitely smell the fumes (which gives me a headache almost every time)... if the window is all the way open, you don't smell it... i love the sound, but the headache while cruising definitely sucks and makes me wanna deal with the stock exhaust tone. :(

derffred, I know you're gettin' the headache:( , but can you comment on the "colors" you see when you smell the fumes? I think if I saw colors then the headache would be worth it.

I LOVE the smell of my catless hogged car first thing in the morning when it's cold, and pumping out all that unburnt fuel!!

There is just nothing better to wake up to - it smells like heaven.

Hog, wouldn't using "costly" thin-nuts with threads and all effectively double the cost of this mod? Do you think it would put this , pricewise, out of the reach of many here on the forum to get this done? After all, that was the beauty of the Hawgzaust!!:icon_twis

hmmm.... unless the threads on the nuts add like 5-10hp(?):rolleyes:

lizard.

Well, compare the cost of 1 nut vs 2 washers...it's more of a lateral movement....

I know it's tough to spend that extra $1.09 - I'm not bazillionaire either. I can hardly afford to do my R+D.

Well, compare the cost of 1 nut vs 2 washers...it's more of a lateral movement....

I know it's tough to spend that extra $1.09 - I'm not bazillionaire either. I can hardly afford to do my R+D.

Yeah, but your "streamlined" R&D seems to be firing on ALL cylinders lately!! Keep up the good work, but don't get too far ahead or you may get a PM from Tide re: "Vendor Status" :lol:

I LOVE the smell of my catless hogged car first thing in the morning when it's cold, and pumping out all that unburnt fuel!!

There is just nothing better to wake up to - it smells like heaven.

You've come a long way, Hogger.... a LONG way.... :lol:

derffred, I know you're gettin' the headache:( , but can you comment on the "colors" you see when you smell the fumes? I think if I saw colors then the headache would be worth it.

let's trade.. my hogzawst washers and the headaches for your borla catback :lol: