LegacyGT.com

First prototype of 2-gauge cubby pod-with closing door

CasopoliS

I am torn because I have a remote mount radar detector/laser jammer in my cubby taking up about 1/2" at the bottom, but I would like a gauge or two in there too...

Ted

I am having the exact same issue but I went with single 52 with cubby. The boost guage is the most important. So I would like to still have my ipod up there or phone etc

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would these fit and still allow the door to close?

http://66.252.233.14/transfer/images/gauges/Remote.jpg

http://66.252.233.14/transfer/images/gauges/EvilOsirisSeries.jpg

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Would these fit and still allow the door to close?

http://66.252.233.14/transfer/images/gauges/Remote.jpg

http://66.252.233.14/transfer/images/gauges/EvilOsirisSeries.jpg

I don't think so, because the gauge face is 60 mm and I think that is physically too large to fit.

trabbic/CasapoliS -

Any of you guys around that area have access to a current-model AEM UEGO gauge (2 and 1/16, i.e. 52mm), that can verify fitment of this item, including door closure, in a DOUBLE gauge mount format?

:)

The trouble with this particular gauge is that although it's diameter is right, it's got a big and rather "fat" bezel portion.....

Thanks in advance! ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

trabbic/CasapoliS -

Any of you guys around that area have access to a current-model AEM UEGO gauge (2 and 1/16, i.e. 52mm), that can verify fitment of this item, including door closure, in a DOUBLE gauge mount format?

The trouble with this particular gauge is that although it's diameter is right, it's got a big and rather "fat" bezel portion.....

Thanks in advance! ;)

TSi,

I just looked up that gauge, and I am almost positive that it will not fit with the angled cubby... It MIGHT fit without the angles. However I am pretty sure we don't have access to one out here, to test fit one. Why not make a road trip? :)

Hey bro,

Thanks for the PM - well, I see there's no need to "edit" my post here, now! :lol:

Thanks again for your PM - please consider this post to by my latest "word" on this panel. I will take your statements above to-heart and hold-off on this purchase 'till a later date.

Thanks yet again!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 2 months later...
i think that peice would be to big for the machine.

i love how this idea went from idea to prototype to some more prototypes to a big freakin sucsess!!

Actually it might work, but no guarantees. Even if it fits in the machine, it would cost too much. I would have to sell them for lots of money and build times would be so slow.

Still looking into it, but not heavily. Lots more on my plate, in my real life.

Yea.... I have owned my LGT for like 6 months. I saw the cubby... I saw some DIY jobs.... then I saw the future. and it came quickly. I could not have done it without a great forum like this. Seriously it would have sucked on my old Mazda forums... everyone on here is much more understanding and helpful.

A+ LGT community!

i would love to see a peice that could replace the entire vent/cubby/trip computer thingy and either had a plank plate on it or 1 set up for 3 guages or something

i think a blank plate would be best. 1 designe and the end user could do with it what he wanted

Now THAT is too big. I would never want to get rid of the vents or trip computer. I would not mine getting rid of the door, but that is it for me.

i dont mean get rid of the entire peice i mean re make the peice so insted of a door its just blank but still uses the vents and trip computer

You mean like this?

http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/sptImages/H5010AG000.jpg

^ Now that looks like enough gauges to satisfy even me. :)

Oh, wait, no, I'd need two more..... :lol:

;)

ricer :lol:

^ Oh, bro, I'm beyond even remotely being offended by that statement!

I am a confessed Ricer, for life! :)

Really appreciate your efforts on this. I was considering how it might be possible to mount a hard drive type video/audio player in a similar fashion. What are the dimensions of the face so that I can find a player that will fit.

Christian

Archived