LegacyGT.com

Everyone's Exhaust Setup

SpawnGT

All stock.

For now. Have just had the car (06 GT Sedan) a couple of months now, and am getting the itch to make it at least sound a little meaner. Considering up & down pipe, catback exhaust (and sway bars, but that's for another forum). Wondering if almost everyone here does all their own installation, and how exactly people make their choices since there seems to be a ton of vendors for each component...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Definitely like to wrench myself. :) So yes, I do all of my own. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Depends.

Typically, the recommendation is to budget-in a full 8-hour day. Doing so means that you can really "go easy" and relax and enjoy the job - even take routine breaks and eat a good lunch. ;)

The actual wrench time, for first-timers of the UP/DP install process who themselves possess decent mechanical abilities. the proper tools, and have understood posted/provided directions, usually range in between 3 to 5 hours.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...
My stage II parts are slowly coming together:

STi UP - getting tomorrow

Cobb DP w/ HFC - shipping next week

Prodrive Mufflers - Do I still have money left??????? :(:confused::lol: :lol: :lol:

Prodrive Mufflers are installed! Cobb DP coated with Techline Turbo X arrived last Monday and the STi UP is sitting in the garage.

Just waiting on b'new OEM gaskets...wooohooo!!!!

Archived