LegacyGT.com

Everyone's Exhaust Setup

SpawnGT

Helix Flex UpPipe.

Cobb DownPipe w/HFC.

Borla Cat-Back Exhaust. (Got lucky and picked up for $595 shipped on Ebay. Prior owner put approx. 1500 miles on and it looked 90% brand new).

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stock up/down; AVO center/y-pipe; Prodrive mufflers

Question: will upgrading the up and down pipes significantly increase noise level?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Perrin Uppipe

Cobb DP w/ hfc

Perrin catback 3" and y-pipe

stock mufflers

Same as above.....but with Magnaflow(#12225) mufflers 14" long, 5"x8" oval, offset inlet (2.5"). center (2.5") outlet, satin black chrome oval tips (read; nickel plated)

Mike

stock up/down; AVO center/y-pipe; Prodrive mufflers

Question: will upgrading the up and down pipes significantly increase noise level?

In most cases larger diameter piping, removal of cats, and freer flowing mufflers can/will all contribute to more exhaust sound.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Crucial UP, Cobb Catted(meowrr)DP, Borla CBE (nice, deep, plenty loud 4me):icon_bigg

same exact setup as mine...picking up the exhaust tomorrow morning and need a place to get all the stuff installed then flashing to stage 2. going to drive around in it for a little bit then will probably try tdc tune stage 2 afterwards to see what the rave is all about.

Archived