LegacyGT.com

Cosworth High flow oil pump

I have a track close by.......Sebring:)

Several very high speed corners.....the last one on the track has eaten up several STI's.

High speed corner...high revs.....Need more oil......not there.....:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I agree... a high flow pump isn't going to net you anything. Your pressure relief valve on your pump outlet is set to 85psi... so that is all the oil pressure you're going to get....

Very true......any ideas to help the situation?

Short of a custom redesigned oil pan, or at least baffles, only a dry sump setup would truly eliminate the issue. But of course it is quite expensive & likely overkill for occassional track use. Perhaps using a little overfill on the oil? Like .5qt or so, might be enough to keep some more near the pump's intake?

Dry-sump twin turbo H6 FTW... It is only money!

Better yet siamese two EJ25x motors, weld the cranks and cams together, slice up and re-weld a few short blocks, heads together... re-sleeve, and make yourself a 5-liter flat eight, dry sump it, put on an high-flow electric water pump, and put on a pair of twin-scroll turbos, and a huge intercooler... THAT would be a sight. and probably a hell of a sound, too. can we say an easy 800hp or more?

Cosworth just came out with new ej25-fitment heads, too, didn't they? I would think that a company as renowned as cosworth would be worth their salt, and offer products that do have real benefit... but I am not sure.

But the point is correct that a high-flow oil pump just sucks the pan dry faster, if the oil isn't kept in place with a windage tray and/or pan baffles.

might be a dumb question.....but sense there's consensus that a baffled oil pan is the right solution....is there an aftermarket oil pan that fits the EJ25 engine? seems like a decent market since that includes all the STIs. Heck, might even fit on the 2.0L engine but I don't know.

any vendors for such a thing?

Archived