LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

hey guys. i posted on another thread before, but i havent been getting the responses i had hoped. hopefully you guys can help me out.

i just went in for my inspection today, and the guy said that i would fail because my headlights were cleared. they said that they require the factory amber reflectors in order for me to pass EVEN if my corners blink amber.

So, what i'm asking is if you guys knew any inspection places (state or private) that would overlook this minor detail. Anywhere in MA is worth it for me, but closer to western MA is hopeful (I'm from Springfield).

Thanks guys.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have them PM you. The inspection places are under a lot of pressure from the state. Sometimes they'll wait for a shaky car to get inspected, them make it pull back in again, as one example. So posting here is Trouble.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Hey guys. I posted on another thread before, but I haven't been getting the responses I had hoped. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I just went in for my inspection today, and the inspector guy said that I would fail because my headlights were cleared. They said that they require the factory amber reflectors in order for me to pass EVEN if my corners blink amber.

So, what i'm asking is if you guys knew any inspection places (state or private) that would overlook this minor detail. Anywhere in MA is worth it for me, but closer to western MA is hopeful (I'm from Springfield).

If you start an inspection and they fail you, the inspection station that failed you basically "owns you", until you pass. I dont think a second inspection place will touch your car. This inspection station did you a very big favour by informing you up front that you would fail before taking your money and failing you on the state's computer network.

While I don't know any places in Western Massachusetts, I think most any place that isnt too up tight will pass you. However if they do fail you, you might need to 'borrow' some non-cleared headlights from another member, so you can pass (with the understanding that you will swap right back again after you pass).

• 3 weeks later...
We should set up a Boston/South shore LGT meet. Would anyone be interested?

We just had one last month. I'd totally be up for it. We did it at the Friday's on Route 1 in Dedham on a Saturday afternoon. There was plenty of parking but it was cold as hell. :D

Anyway, depending on when it is, I'd be up for it (especially if it were the weekend of the 17-18th :D)

-Coelli

We just had one last month. I'd totally be up for it. We did it at the Friday's on Route 1 in Dedham on a Saturday afternoon. There was plenty of parking but it was cold as hell. :D

Anyway, depending on when it is, I'd be up for it (especially if it were the weekend of the 17-18th :D)

-Coelli

+1

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

hey guys. i posted on another thread before, but i havent been getting the responses i had hoped. hopefully you guys can help me out.

i just went in for my inspection today, and the guy said that i would fail because my headlights were cleared. they said that they require the factory amber reflectors in order for me to pass EVEN if my corners blink amber.

Thanks guys.

I gave you some bad advice last time. The guy i referred you to in Agwam wouldn't do it. He told me the same thing.

However, GOOD NEWS. Go to the Firestone next to the Big E on memorial drive, walk in and ask for Tim? (i think). he's a younger dark haired guy with bout $15K put into his silver WRX (look for it parked out front). They are all about mods and he told me if i ever had a problem, to go there and he'd take care of it. I asked him specifically about cleared headlights for inspection and he said bring it here, don't worry about it.

Good Luck!

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

I am going to set up a big F1 meet in march/april when the weather is warmer.

Most winter meets suck (besides the eating and meeting)

The Fridays meet was so damn cold, fkin wind chill was killing me.

Dude, you were in a sweatshirt, whaddya expect? :p

-Coelli (valley girl.. you know, where it's WARM lol - but yeah, it was bastard cold that day with the wind)

I am going to set up a big F1 meet in march/april when the weather is warmer.

Most winter meets suck (besides the eating and meeting)

The Fridays meet was so damn cold, fkin wind chill was killing me.

I'm down for a March/April meet. How many people do you think would show?

wimps i say....

regardless of temps....meets are always fun!

Totally. It just sucks to be trying to admire people's cars outside when the wind chill is literally freezing the tears in your eyes and the snot in your nose. Oh, it was bitterly cold.. but fun. There were some great pics taken of the LGTs, too :)

-Coelli

I gave you some bad advice last time. The guy i referred you to in Agwam wouldn't do it. He told me the same thing.

However, GOOD NEWS. Go to the Firestone next to the Big E on memorial drive, walk in and ask for Tim? (i think). he's a younger dark haired guy with bout $15K put into his silver WRX (look for it parked out front). They are all about mods and he told me if i ever had a problem, to go there and he'd take care of it. I asked him specifically about cleared headlights for inspection and he said bring it here, don't worry about it.

Good Luck!

I don't think you are doing his career a service by posting the shop or details here.

Who Dares Wins

スバル