LegacyGT.com

Spec B: blah

And the 06 STI is 3351... Not a huge difference, all things considered. TBD what the 07 will be. The 06LGT -vs- 07Spec.B I'd bet that the suspension is adding the brunt of the weight second would be the wheels, then the tranny. Anyone have curb weight of an 06 LGT -vs- 06 LGT-Nav? Also, I wonder what the 07 LGT will weigh -vs- the 07 spec.b

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually stating the spec.B was too heavy. The '06 LGT Limited weighs in at 3,365 lbs, compared to 3,500 lbs for the '06 spec.B. The '07 spec.B is shown to come in at 3,515 lbs - not bad considering they've replaced the 5MT with the 6MT. I wonder how much we could shave by making the NAV and sunroof optional equipment.

Whoops... my bad.

Still... having driven our old B5 S4 Avant, which was closer to 3700 lbs., the spec.B doesn't *feel* as heavy as it is, I suppose.

You wouldn't save much weight by deleting the Nav, but IIRC, a sunroof apparatus weighs in at probabl 100 lbs. +. That's a lot of heft on the top of the car.

I was actually stating the spec.B was too heavy. The '06 LGT Limited weighs in at 3,365 lbs, compared to 3,500 lbs for the '06 spec.B. The '07 spec.B is shown to come in at 3,515 lbs - not bad considering they've replaced the 5MT with the 6MT. I wonder how much we could shave by making the NAV and sunroof optional equipment.

uhm... we're going by the "GVWR" number on the Left Front Door right? My sticker says 4,435 LBS. :iam: i have a 2005 LGT non-limited

Um, that should be 3,365 lbs. for the LGT Ltd., and 3,400 lbs. for the Spec B, i.e. only a 35 lb. difference as per the official Subaru numbers.

uhm... we're going by the "GVWR" number on the Left Front Door right? My sticker says 4,435 LBS. :iam: i have a 2005 LGT non-limited

i probably have the wrong friggin sticker on my car lol.. i'll have to compare vin numbers, there's no way my LGT Sedan weighs 4,435 pounds.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

GVW is the car loaded to the hilt. This include the full vehicle weight + total rated payload. So you legacy does not weight over 4000 pounds, it is not a mustang.:rolleyes:

GVW is the car loaded to the hilt. This include the full vehicle weight + total rated payload. So you lagacy does not weight over 4000 pounds, it is not a mustang.:rolleyes:

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) Is the maximum recommended weight for a vehicle, including: the weight of the vehicle itself, fuel and other fluids, passengers, and all cargo.

Base Curb Weight Is the weight of the vehicle including a full tank of fuel and all standard equipment. It does not include passengers, cargo or any optional equipment.

GVWR ~ 4400 lbs

Curb Weight ~ 3300-3500 lbs

I keed I keeed

Um, that should be 3,365 lbs. for the LGT Ltd., and 3,400 lbs. for the Spec B, i.e. only a 35 lb. difference as per the official Subaru numbers.
Interesting... if you access subaru.com with a non-flash browser and look at the spec.B um... specs, the curb weight is listed at 3,500 lbs. The flash site won't let you see those specs, and instead serves up a pdf that lists the weight as 3,400 as you noted. Either way, the '07 is shown as 3,515 according to the press kit, which makes more sense with the 6MT.
Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Mother of God!!!! I've never seen so much nit-pickiness!!! You'd think we all wore dresses and lipstick! Ok, that's a joke - no offense ladies or anyone else.

I was pissed at the one color combo option for the Spec.B too until I saw it up close and personal. I own one now. I absolutely LOVE the car in every way except some minor issues I've previously griped about on this Board.

Is a $2,000 dollar premium worth it over the LGT LTD? I would say so because that's essentially what I paid after rebates (again see my other posts about this). I would spend at least that in suspension/wheel/tire upgrades. I got the NAVI to boot which is what I really wanted as well - nice clean, integrated factory job although it does indeed have it's flaws. A $4,000 premium kept me on the fence, and trolling this Board, for months.

Am I pissed about the power? Are you friggin' kidding? The car a hoot to drive. That's why I bought it. It looks fabulous too. And you're hearing this from an American V8 and classic muscle car nut. I previously owned an '87 5-speed TPI 14-second IROC and an '86 Grand National for some prespective. Should it have 25, 30, 50 more HP for a limited edition? Absolutely! But again, AP, UP, DP, Exhaust, blaa blaa and there you go. Yes, SOA should ship it like that but WTF, as mentioned, we're a minority - extreme enthusiasts. SOA is not making they're Bread and Butter from us in the slightest. Yes, it would be a couple of grand more for that power and I'd gladly pay it. The family buyers of the base Legacy, Outback, Forrester, who need a nice basic car with the good feeling of 4WD, and little to no desire for a canyon carver sports car is who's putting dinner on the table for SOA. Crap, the Spec.B is basically burried even on SOA's Web site.

Give it a break. It's a kick-ass ride. For that matter, so is the LGT and LGT Ltd.

Go for a drive - enjoy!

:icon_surp

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Agreed!!! Granted, we've heard all this before, but SOA could have done just ONE thing to the Spec B, namely drop in the already-developed, already-proven, off-the-shelf STi engine & turbo. They could have scratched everything else (though the red leather & Bilsteins are nice) and that ONE change would have guaranteed the '06 Spec B's would have sold out within a month. They can still do it in '08 (are you listening, SOA?) If they had done that to the '07 Spec B, I would have traded in my '06 for one.

Still love my Spec B, though, even w/o the STi.

I agree my 05 would be traded in for a STI LGT or SPEC b....in a heartbeat :icon_twis

Anyone else think this is stupid? Can we get a real performance car. I like the spec B, but its not really worth paying 4000 more than a LGT to me.

That is all.

I only payed 31k out the the door, plus with 20k down from the sell of my 02 WRX

which i only payed 15k for- it seemed reasonable to me.

tHe HoV

Is a $2,000 dollar premium worth it over the LGT LTD? I would say so because that's essentially what I paid after rebates (again see my other posts about this). I would spend at least that in suspension/wheel/tire upgrades. I got the NAVI to boot which is what I really wanted as well - nice clean, integrated factory job although it does indeed have it's flaws. A $4,000 premium kept me on the fence, and trolling this Board, for months.
I beg to differ on the supposed $2K price difference. According to your post elsewhere, you paid $30,707, after the $2K rebate. That's a great price, don't get me wrong, but that's more like $4-5K over what you could get an LGT Limited for. For my region, Subaru.com currently lists a $1,500 cash incentive on Legacies. With LGT's routinely selling for invoice minus the incentive, that puts the price in the $25.5-26.5K range for a 5MT LGT Limited. With a $2,000 incentive, it would be $25-26K. Also, we are approaching the end of the model year, which resulted in you being able to get the deal you got, but also means better deals are becoming possible on regular LGT's.

Again, I think your deal was very good for a Spec B, and you got a great car, but let's be realistic about the price difference.

The price debate will never end.

I was in a dealership yesterday. They have a set of stock WRX rims in the parts department. Price on them was 414 each. I almost fell over. I thought about it for a while then I decided to go over all the pieces that make the spec b different from a LGT. I wanted to give estimates of pricing to purchase and have the products installed on a new legacy by the dealership. How much would it really cost....

The spec b wheels are 18"s and obviously more expensive than the wrx 17s. They are also limited so probably more expensive to make. let's call them 2k and that is probably conservative. Then you have the tires. I went to get them rotated recently and the tire shop said they weren't even in his computer yet but probably cost 200 a peiece to replace. 2800.

We all know the navigation is roughly 2k to add to another legacy auto. (no 5spd). 4800.

Moving on to suspension. To have aftermarket pieces installed and purchased. A-arms, shocks struts, springs. We're looking around 575-1000 for install. Probably 1500-2000 for the parts. Now we are at 7800.

The litlte plaque below the shifter PRICELESS. ( won't count that in the price.)

To purchase and have the pedals installed. 475. (very conservative)

Total so far is 8,275.

Then we look at the red leather interior, special floor mats, and the inserts in the door.

All seating 2500. Insterts 450. Mats 100.

Total: 11,325.

Am I missing anything? Oh yeah I think the steering wheel sterio controls are spec b issued. 450.

MP3 capability 250.

Unique paint color 10k to change over.

So to make your car similar to a spec b without the numbered plaque you're going to spend aroun 22,000 give or take a few bucks. Given the great deal on the LGT at 28k your roughly at 50 thousand.

If you keep your current paint scheme you're still sitting around 12k.

Now those were pretty good estimates but not exact figures.

Anyone want to take their legacy and do the swap over to find out for sure exactly how much it would cost?

4k is a steel!!!! You got a great deal!!!!!!!

Then we look at the red leather interior, special floor mats, and the inserts in the door.

All seating 2500. Insterts 450. Mats 100.

you're counting the red seats and trim as a plus? i think the majority here feels it is a major drawback, but feel free to conduct a poll as to how many would opt for the red (and black) interior if given the option

Same here. When I first saw the Spec B in the showroom and saw how much more it cost than a LGT (and they only had one, and it was white, and I didn't want white) I originally thought I'd just drive to Asheville or Hendersonville, because I had already committed to sell and deliver my other car to a friend in MA, and I needed the new car within a week. But the longer I looked at the Spec B, the more I realized I had to have it. The red leather is gorgeous IMO, and I wanted a nav system as well. So I bought it. I also have the only Spec B ever sold and registered in SC, at least as of the date of purchase.

Yes, the cost vs. benefits debate will continue, but if anyone else doesn't like the red leather, don't worry.........none of us is going to force you to buy a Spec B!

Archived