LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Ad - poking at VW Fast

mccorry

OK... I am not usually a fan of smear tactics. I believe that you should sell your product on it's own merit....

But this is kinda funny.... cause it is so direct.

http://home.comcast.net/~kaymin/PICT0020.JPG

YESSS! :lol: Nicely done. :D I kept reading that Subaru was doing these ads and that's what helped their March sales, but I haven't seen a single "It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru" ad up here in the Northwest!!!
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Meh. The "Fast" commercials are clever and creative. There is nothing clever or creative about Subaru's ad. Reminds me of internet trolls that post on other boards that their car is teh faster!

VW sold 53,300 vehicles in March in the USA. Subaru sold 19,048. Your point?

and how many cars less is that than last year to date? or the year before? and at what cost to profit? why is VW bleeding red in the US?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:munch: I still think if it's funny... it's, well... funny!:lol: Come on, it's a good point: when you go fast, you really don't need a little alien called fast. Just a lead foot. :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

VW sold 53,300 vehicles in March in the USA. Subaru sold 19,048. Your point?

Subaru doesn't advertise much. They don't have a cute little character to sell cars. To sell cars Subaru gives their models more performance than their competitors and prices their models competitatively. Even with the lack of advertising they still sell cars. How? Because those who come into the dealers don't come in because of advertising. They know that subaru is reliable, safe, sports AWD, and has great performance. That's what I meant by they sell themselves. It is interesting though that they took a stab at VW, I would have never tried to compare a VW with a Subie. Don't ask me why, the thought just never crossed my mind.

At least the GTI ads were FUNNY. endearing, or something.

the Jetta accident ads are pathetic. Oh, you are too busy talking to drive, so you need a Jetta, so that you can survive the accident you are bound to get into... Jetta will save you with it's four star rating. (nevermind that some cars, like Legacy, have even better ratings on that front...)

I know safety is an important thing, but it seems like a very stolid and boring thing to base advertising on... *yawn*...

The content of the Subaru ad is not bad... The STI has more attractive angles than low rear quarter, but it is to emphasize the "faster than you are" effect.

The thing is, I don't think the WRX STI is the most under-advertised subaru on the lot. It would be nice if they had a Legacy 2.5 GT, or even a Forester XT... and especially a quip about it being fast, but not even being the fastest subaru in the stable...

I guess a lot of people really like "fugly asses", I know more people that have STI's then Legacy's.. "meh"

depends on the market, STi's only sell well in select markets, hence the fairly small run size of the sti limited which as far as i can figure is the sexiest dam thing ive seen in a while.

case in point, go on CL and see how many wrx/wrx sti's are listed in the bay area. everyone and their mom is my conservative guess.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

I know safety is an important thing, but it seems like a very stolid and boring thing to base advertising on... *yawn*...

i liked those commercials. says allot while saying nothing, vs the annoying "news anchor" volvo ads.

those vw commericials had some good effects, reminds me of my crash *calls the therapist*

oh wait i have a buru, i dont need psychobabble to make me feel warm n fuzzy

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

You want to talk about suck ass ads, hmmmm. Sheryl Crow and low financing, that' pretty suck ass. Or an ugly Tribeca and an old Kansas song, not even sung by Will Farrell. Or a Legacy/Outback and a bunch of other cars being powered by feet. Or more low financing commercials.

Subaru commercials create zero excitement about their cars. Period. Like them or hate them (and I happen to like them), all three of the last VW TV commercial campaigns have created a buzz on websites like these.

Subaru print campaigns are better than their TV commercials. I just didn't like this one because the reason why Subaru doesn't have something like the "Fast" is because its advertising brain trust doesn't have the creativity to come up with something like that.

Archived