LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Ad - poking at VW Fast

mccorry

I personally thought that the fast commercials were dumb, advertising "fast" with a car that can have its ass handed to it by a v6 accord. Meh..

The unpimp y0h rhhhide commercials are classic however.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

You... that.

Everything in between was very well put. :icon_bigg I like the poking fun part though. :icon_tong It's a one-up sorta thing and I can appreciate that. It's much more of a direct attack then what VW was doing with the un-pimp your ride campaign, but think about what VW did. They said, "Why put waste putting money into some ricer car when it can come even better/faster from us?" Isn't that what Subaru is also saying? :confused: "Why waste your time buying a VW when you can get something better from us?" :lol: I think they're going in the right direction, but I do believe some "original creativity" wouldn't hurt them. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

The fast commercials were kind of cool the first time and got progressively lamer the more you saw it.

The Unpimp your ride commercials were great, I can think of a bunch of people talking about them which will get people to notice your brand.

The crash ads I just don't get, I can't figure out if they are saying their cars are a crash magnet or people who buy them don't pay attention while driving since it looks like all of them could have been avoided if they watched where they were going.

As for Subaru ads they haven't had a decent ad campaign since the original outback commercials with Crocidile Dundee. The Impreza ad basically said hey we are cooler than the VW but I always thought referencing another companies ad was a bad way to go since you are making the person who reads the ad think about the car.

As for making a good Legacy ad I wouldn't hold my breath. They'd do better to give video camareeas to some of the people on the board and have them make the comericals on their own. Of course they probably wouldn't like the campaign Buy your LGT before they put the ugly pig nose on it.

Let's just say that these company's are very similar in terms of size, as opposed to what was said by ilh.

VW: TOTAL Sales YTD: 53,295

Subaru Total sales YTD: 44,165

YTD By Model:

Impreza: 8,280

Golf/Jetta: 29,153

Legacy: 18261

Passat 13,360

Forrester: 12569

Tribeca: 4947

Touareg: 3578

I was definitely cross shopping with VW, so it makes sense that they would be taking shots across the bow. Anyway, advertising fights like this seem to always generate a little bit of a stir, leading to free publicity for both companies.

1512446716_subaru2006.jpg.333d04c20769fd389a01cf9523154db0.jpg

1618260248_VW2006.jpg.5b30640489f3e72a7864e92394de264c.jpg

Oops. I thought I had monthly figures for VW, but I accidentally snagged Q1 figures.

I'm glad to hear VW isn't so far ahead of Subaru in sales!

...now where is that rock to crawl under...

The crash ads I just don't get, I can't figure out if they are saying their cars are a crash magnet or people who buy them don't pay attention while driving since it looks like all of them could have been avoided if they watched where they were going.

The message I get from the "crash" ads is that you can get into a horrendous accident in VWs and walk away with them without any serious injuries. Which to me is either incredibly ballsy and demonstrative of incredible confidence in the safety of their cars, or is a case of their marketing department writing checks that their legal/product liability department is going to have to cash later on. I suspect both.

The message I get from the "crash" ads is that you can get into a horrendous accident in VWs and walk away with them without any serious injuries. Which to me is either incredibly ballsy and demonstrative of incredible confidence in the safety of their cars, or is a case of their marketing department writing checks that their legal/product liability department is going to have to cash later on. I suspect both.

especially since the car only has a 4 star frontal instead a a 5 star frontal. Can't believe they are getting away with this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived