LegacyGT.com

When does the need for HP end?

I say they should build two more widder lanes here because traffic suck and they should put bigger style barriers just in case of somthing. The goverment is really screw can't believe that would not happen but I

would be the first one in line great to dream charged people to drive in the lanes after like a another lic. for people like have taken Hi speed drivivg course so people can go over 100mph or over!!!!

oh well everyone can dream:lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEVER

X3

Your 18 y/o. My now 19y/o son had a 260whp honda civic last year, it ran 11.9 in the 1/4 mile. Would have been close to 500HP but we hard problems with the sleeves in the block.

This years set-up goal is 600+ WHP out of 1.6L. Remember he's 19 now. That's my boy...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^^ It warms my heart to hear of a father raising his boy the right way. I have 5 sons and they are all HP junkies, even the 5 year old who got a 12MPH cart for his 3rd birthday and never looked back at his power wheels Bigfoot truck.

X2

Drove a SRT8 Grand Cherokee....had a catback exhaust...

439BHP:eek:

Nothing like 0-60 in under 5 sec in a SUV:)

12mpg........Who cares!

It was the last thing on my mind while I was driving it...I assure you;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

In an ideal world, people would not be allowed to drive on the interstate highways unless they had a special tag/permit that proved they:

A) had passed a RIGOROUS multi-week driver education and hand-on training program, and

B) were driving a properly-maintained vehicle capable of sustained high speeds (over 100 mph).

All other drivers would be restricted to secondary highways.

In an ideal world.........:lol:

Feel free to add any qualifications/restrictions I may have missed.

I think we are missing the point. Check out the Prius pic. It really is not about horsepower, but about Torque. Think about how much of an opportunity we really have to exploit horsepower. Though all the stop and go we do, and the limited interstate speeds here. Torque really is more of your friend then horsepower. Sure you need both, but hmmm, say you had 200 hp, and 350 lb/ft torque, say at 2300 rpm. Now that would be cool. Even better would be 350 and 350, but I guess you can't have everything.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

In an ideal world, people would not be allowed to drive on the interstate highways unless they had a special tag/permit that proved they:

A) had passed a RIGOROUS multi-week driver education and hand-on training program, and

B) were driving a properly-maintained vehicle capable of sustained high speeds (over 100 mph).

All other drivers would be restricted to secondary highways.

In an ideal world.........:lol:

Feel free to add any qualifications/restrictions I may have missed.

OMG >>> :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg >>> finally someone who thinks like me ...

I love my car ... basically.

^^^^^ to add to that ... i would allow other cars and semi's on the interstate ... but ... semi's MUST stay in the right lane unless an emergency occurs ... passing on the right in would be illegal ... tallgating illegal ... and you car must be certified for High speed ... your tires, suspension, and steering would have to be checked, every year.

When you pass this impection you vehicle would get an electronic transmitter ... when you exceed speeds of 90, a device on the interstate scans you car to see if you are certified, if you are nothing happens. If you arnt you receive a hefty fine via highway patrolmen or traffic camera. this detection system would be very well hidden and would occur random increments ... so even if somethign got a detection device, it would be impractical for them as tehy would have to slow down ... speed up ... slow down speed up. There would be other ways to counter mand it as well.

Liked were you guys were going until the electronic transmitter/GPS part. No way do I want a device giving the government information as to where/how fast I am traveling. Bad enough already.

it wouldnt be GPS based at all ... they system wouldnt be allowed to track your car and were its is going either. No record of your car would be recorder if you werent doing anythign illegal. When i citation is given, the picture from the traffic would be sent to a human. It wouldnt be any worse than our current system of ticketing.

Yeah, think of germany man........My dad drove on the Autoban, and said it was a thing of beauty.....

Yes the Autobahn rocks. But there are speed limits in places, it's not some mad-max free for all and drivers are well trained and behave for the msot part. A$$holes know no borders so you do encounter the occasional road-rage jerk.

That said, getting a drivers license in Germany is A) expensive and b) rigorous.

Here in the good ole U S of A you just need a pulse and the ability to tell red from green and be able to make out vague shapes and pass a multiple choice quiz. Oh and then there's the driving exam.

If any state implmented driver training requirements on par with what Germany requires you'd hear people squealing like stuck pigs.

Here in the good ole U S of A you just need a pulse and the ability to tell red from green and be able to make out vague shapes and pass a multiple choice quiz. Oh and then there's the driving exam.

If any state implmented driver training requirements on par with what Germany requires you'd hear people squealing like stuck pigs.

LOL:lol:

..and then the suddenly created Washington Lobby for incompetent drivers would appear and argue against harder test.

The point, although amusing, is mute. We do not have the infrastructure in the US for high speed driving. Our roads are built cheaply and quickly. Sometimes it feels like they are built to keep road crews in business ;) The autobahn is built like a high speed F1 circuit, complete with super thick asphalt, banked corners, cat eyes and readable signs. After you've driven on the autobahn or even the French or Swiss highways you quickly realise what a joke our highways are. Also because each City, State is responsible for their section of highway there is so much inconsistency. Tooling up for high speed driving is too expensive to even consider in the USA. MAybe one day we won't need such a huge Military and we can divert some of that money into our roads...until then...

By the way you want to see a real death trap of a highway. Take the Southern State expressway in NYC Long Island. I recommend it only to the most experienced of drivers especially when the sun is going down.

HP will go as far as gas prices will take it. Right now manufacturers are using the technology for lighter engines, lighter bodies and better cam timing to increase HP while the gas mileage stays the same. In the early 80's after the oil crisis there was a huge drop of in HP. Its probably the reason why so many expensive factory hotrods are being bought at above retail, collectors probably sense the end is near.

studies prove that most accidents happen at low speed collisions anyway...so i only think raising the speed limit will make the highway a more comfortable place to drive. :) Afterall they're building cop cars with like what...600hp now?

As long as there are people paying mechanical engineers, we will keep pushing for more horsepower. Arr! Arr! Arr!

If there wasn't a need for more power, McLaren F1 would still be the fastest production street car. But no, Konigesseggessgegseegsegsegsgsegggegeesg had to build a car to beat the McLaren. Then Bugatti wanted the title and built the 1001 hp Veyron. It's just a matter of time before someone else comes out with something faster.

studies prove that most accidents happen at low speed collisions anyway...so i only think raising the speed limit will make the highway a more comfortable place to drive. :) Afterall they're building cop cars with like what...600hp now?

its been proven by our OWN government that if you go slower than the flow of traffic you are more likely to get in an accident ... and no matter what the insurance companies tell you, speed only cause 5% of accidents in the USA, they typically get the most media coverage though. Lets face it, a guy getting in an accident going 90 is more interesting than some person getting in an accident going slower than the flow of traffic going 55 or such h...

Since most accidents happen within 30 miles of home, I only drive like a maniac in Boston where I am safer. Wheeeeeee
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived