LegacyGT.com

When does the need for HP end?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of the "safety" equipment and luxury items in todays cars, their weight is going up, so some HP is needed. I believe that we are nearing our performance peak, like it's 1969. With gas getting out rageous, we will be into the 70's gas shortages, and hp will dip, and we will enter the Hybrid age.

IMHO you can never trully have enough hp "within reason". There will always be someone who is faster and has more than you. For me, my goal would be around 320-350 whp. It will take me awhile to get there, as my wifey is not mod-friendly. :( I have TDC stage 1 on the way, and I will live with that for a little while until I get a d/p, then stage II maybe this summer. I am already having "spooling" visions in my dreams! :icon_bigg

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Good keep it that way and go get yourself some more HP now ok? :lol:

i said i wanted some more down low lol

And as for the hybrid age ... i just cant wait til we all become soo smug lol OMG I DRIVE A HYBRID >>> :lol::lol:

I love my car ... basically.

Did anyone see the South Park where they all got hybrid cars and were so smug that they were sniffing their own farts....hahahahah that was great

On a side note, I say develope the piss out of hybrids. I saw an article for a 600 HP hybrid that did 242 MPH and a sub 4 0-60 and got 82 MPG. Obviously it isn't going to be produced but think about it!!!!

You never just throw in your two cents you usually throw in a buck fitty...:lol:

<-- couldn't resist

I'll have that buck-fifty in quarters - so I can slap you upside the head! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The funny thing is, the desire for improved emissions is driving the increases in horsepower. OEMs are not heavily targeting power improvements, but they can get them for "free" with the mechanical and electronic improvements put in place to increase efficiency and lower emissions.

My bro's Gf has a Prius for her 60 min. commute. She thinks its great, but I like to accelerate quickly from time to time and of course the 5mt. However she did buy me 4 gallons of gas the other day because she saves so much money on it.

As for this driving business, Im not a real fan of east coast drivers. Formerly from this midwest, my parents hated it when we moved to PA. I still hate it sometimes. I honked at a guy the other day who ran a stop sign to beat me. My mom commented on how the guy coulda run me off the road and that you never know with people. But the chances of a Saturn outpowering me are slim, so I dont worry too much about it. I mean the sound of the EJ25 is somewhat intimadating, being that Subaru added resonators into the air system. hehehehehe

• 4 weeks later...

Archived