LegacyGT.com

Indiana Members?

KartRacerBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever heard of Gary's Foreign Auto Repair in Mishawaka, Mike?

I think so. I saw Fletch (you met him at Politos - silver LGT) a few weeks ago and I think he said he used Gary's and said they did good work for a reasonable price, although that's all I know.

Yeah, I think I will actually get them done at Discount Tire in Ft. Wayne next wed, then wait another week until I can get my car in to get springs installed. Probably Gary's Foreign Auto Repair, or Jim Stone Services. I appreciate the recommendations and can't wait to get the wheels on and get her lowered!

So here's what I got. Gary's Foreign Auto Repair in Mishawaka....got an appointment with them to install my springs on Tuesday, July 29th. I am dropping the car off at 10AM. Quoted $207 to do the job, and 3 hours of labor.

Would anyone be around that morning that could maybe pick me up so I don't have to wait at the shop for 3 hours or more? That would be greatly appreciated if that would be possible. Thanks!

I got a guy here in Indianapolis that'll install springs for $150 all the way around for me. He does great work

Thanks, but I got an appt. @ a different place. $150 is a great deal! You ever up in the Fort Wayne area man?

So here's what I got. Gary's Foreign Auto Repair in Mishawaka....got an appointment with them to install my springs on Tuesday, July 29th. I am dropping the car off at 10AM. Quoted $207 to do the job, and 3 hours of labor.

Would anyone be around that morning that could maybe pick me up so I don't have to wait at the shop for 3 hours or more? That would be greatly appreciated if that would be possible. Thanks!

I'll be meeting with my dear clients that never bathe. If you dropped off at 8:30, you could come and smell, er, listen in as I advise stupid people on how long they'll be in jail.

Oh, Sub, make sure they read the directions that came with the springs (I think they were in english) so they get the springs seated correctly. Otherwise they'll make noise for a while (but they eventually seat themselves in a few weeks if not done correctly).

I don't have directions with them. I got them used. They have been used for approx. 3 months. They should already be seated, am I right? 8:30 is stinkin early, and I'm not sure how fun that would be to be around stinky clients. I may have another guy I could call up if he's not already working.

Just hang around and watch installation to learn.

If the springs aren't already mounted on struts, they aren't seated. Even if they are cz you bought someone's used strut/spring assembly, if they aren't compressed enough, they may not be seated. I think.

Okay, well should I worry about going to find some directions to give to them then? Or should I be fine letting them install them? I wonder if Fletch gave them directions for his springs....he's on Pinks IIRC?

I had no idea that you could mess up springs when installing them.

Archived