LegacyGT.com

Neighbor just bought a 06 CLS AMG55

OMG............

Just when I thought my car was fast!

This thing is a total beast...especially @ highway speeds. The thing pulls as hard @ triple digit speeds as it does down low.

Car is not totally stock, he just got it today I will post up pictures next week along with the mods.

Dealer told him it's got just over 500HP & about 600FTLbs.

I know those figures are @ the crank but damn.........

I told him..........

Lets make a deal;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

yah, drove my brothers E55 recently (I know it's not the same but still quite a monster). that's a lot of car. didn't really mess with the adjustible suspension setting so much since it already handles much better than expected for a car that size.

he's looking to trade it for something more understated if you wanna come out the Southern Cali ;)

E55 and CLS 55 are the same car just different styling. The AMG 55 engine produces 469hp and 516ft-lbs of torque. Incredible power and smooth. Im interested to see how the AMG 63 engine performs. I drove a SL55 and an SL65.... you wouldn't believe the feeling of 738ft-lbs of torque in the 65.....

E55 and CLS 55 are the same car just different styling. The AMG 55 engine produces 469hp and 516ft-lbs of torque. Incredible power and smooth. Im interested to see how the AMG 63 engine performs. I drove a SL55 and an SL65.... you wouldn't believe the feeling of 738ft-lbs of torque in the 65.....

So where do I sign up to be your friend. Or maybe your friends friend?

The new AMG MB are insane! I love the styling of the CLS, take some pics.

My friend has an SL55 and the other a Gallardo (and now a Murci roadster as well). I always say stick the Gallardo Vs SL55 in a 40-120 and my $ is on the MB!

Badass cars.

Apparently Bernie Ecclestone had the first one in the UK, and within days someone had stolen the tyres when it was parked outside his home...and Jeremy Clarkson did a test drive and the car has a nice function that lets you know when the breaks are starting to overheat.

Is is me or does every Benz have AMG rims. Even the 240.

You do know you can buy them right. Most people go with the AMG trim kit at purchase, it comes with the side skirts, the valance and the wheels. You can go further depending on your pocket book before you pick the car up. The only thing they won't do at the dealer is slap on the AMG badges for you or the AMG interior. They draw the line there :D But you can get everything else and the shift knob ;)

Is it just me, but I think AMG cars are still big fat executive cars. with no... soul

:lol: That stupid "no soul" cliche comes from the magazines who hate automatics. But trust me when you have near 500hp on tap I don't care if you have an MT or an AT that car will have more soul than Soul Train!:)

Imagine, if you will, being able to waste 90% of the stripped down nossed up rice burners out there, all while massaging your butt in air conditioned perforated leathered comfort. Blissfully soulful if you ask me ;) Its the people that can afford them that are souless LOL!

This is what I'm talking about. I'd take this over any of those fancy pants new AMG cars.

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/pics/12287421986464200585304PM.JPG[ATTACH]17489[/ATTACH]

"Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

:lol: That stupid "no soul" cliche comes from the magazines who hate automatics. But trust me when you have near 500hp on tap I don't care if you have an MT or an AT that car will have more soul than Soul Train!:)

Imagine, if you will, being able to waste 90% of the stripped down nossed up rice burners out there, all while massaging your butt in air conditioned perforated leathered comfort. Blissfully soulful if you ask me ;) Its the people that can afford them that are souless LOL!

No, i mean that there is no driver involvement. You never apart of the car. I know that MBZ are for a diffent crowd and thats why they are made that way. I have driven my uncle's E55 and yea that thing was a rocket. There is just so much tq, but it felt like I was pressing on a button and not on a throttle.

Archived