LegacyGT.com

It's been mentioned before somewhere, but LIC Motorsports, a Subaru performance shop in Novato, California, does the LGT 30K for $350 (recently raised from $300). Non-turbo is $50 more for changing the spark plugs.

http://licmotorsports.com/306090k.htm

Does anyone know why the non-turbo is scheduled for 30K spark plug changes and the turbo models are 60K? Maybe the turbo spark plugs are different; LIC adds $100 for changing spark plugs on the turbo and only $50 on the non-turbo.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snip

Three cheers for Hodges Subaru in Ferdale, MI!

Moral of the story: shop around to various dealers in your area! Both of these dealerships are within 5 miles of me and the one was nearly $300 cheaper than the other.

Hodges - good guys. I serviced my 95 there fro a couple years in the mid nineties. Miss those guys - in fact, I haven't has a good a subaru shop to visit since them.

Enjoy!

I went in to have my rotors turned recently since I am at 32K and am trying to get everything possible repaired under warranty. I had seen the 30K service before but here is a copy of what I was given.

I looked it over and just smiled and said "I'll look it over".

Let's just say that I am very grateful that these two hands are very capable of performing these simple tasks.

Take care.

Brian

Sub mnt.pdf

I went in to have my rotors turned recently since I am at 32K and am trying to get everything possible repaired under warranty. I had seen the 30K service before but here is a copy of what I was given.

Let's just say that I am very grateful that these two hands are very capable of performing these simple tasks.

Take care.

Brian

:lol: Gotta love the fact that >50% of those items start with "Inspect..." At MOST, that is 1 hour of labor to inspect all of those things. And why the hell are they balancing your tires? for fun? tires don't magically go out of balance, unless the sticky weights fall off.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Word.

We have the vacation pics and we have the technology. Those who have enough wrench time, tools and are eager to learn should try this on their own.

I'm performing the 30k service myself and recording items such as rotor thickness, etc. on my.subaru.com and in my maintenance records. So far, all I have left to do are:

• Brake Fluid Flush
  • Enginer Coolant Flush (I'll actually take this to a service shop that I trust with a bunch of Peak Global since I do not have enough drainage capacity)
  • Transmission Fluid
  • Power Steering Fluid
  • Replace Engine Oil and Filter

So far, I have spent a grand total of less than $20.00 and by viewing my other "do-it-yourself" maintenance records will probably come under $120 for the total service.

By the way, I'm not bashing the dealers or automotive service shops (my wife and I are repeat customers to a local shop here in town). We realize that they have a heck of a lot of overhead costs and training/educating people isn't cheap either. For the things that I can do, I do. For the things that I just don't want to touch with a 10' pole, that's what they're there for.

-Jim

^^^not sure, I think I paid ~$1100-$1200 for the maintenance plan (all services and oil changes to 45k miles)

In hind site, I probably would not have gotten this plan but compared to services on my old BMW, this sounded very cheap at the time.

Went to Subaru of Schaumburg. $585 is the listed price for the 30k service.

Why isn't there a :holdingnose: icon?

They told me that they wouldn't replace wipers because the car wasn't bought there. They also said that they don't give loaners and that there is a 2 week wait for service appoinments. The guy at the service desk was not accomodating at all. My wife commented on the guy's crappy attitude. Not a good experience unfortunately. Looks like I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

I bought some popits, crush gaskets, OEM filters and ordered the fan relay and touch up paint. Looked like an 8 car shop and there were only 3 cars in it and just one being worked on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived