LegacyGT.com

mine was 371.. but i declined coolant flush and air filter, and tire rotation... added putting summer tires on summer wheels and mount and balance

also got a TON of stuff replaced under warranty and fan relay =)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mine was 371.. but i declined coolant flush and air filter, and tire rotation... added putting summer tires on summer wheels and mount and balance

also got a TON of stuff replaced under warranty and fan relay =)

free loaner too.

exeter subaru in stratham nH

I have a question that I'm sure that has been ask, but my search revieled zip. Does SOA have coupons of the 30K service? I'm sure I know the answer but I thought I would try. The "local" stealers have oil change coupons that'll save me $2. :spin:

My dealer sent me a 10% off coupon for any service. I also have one for a free loaner. Tell yours that you lost them, it's worth a shot :)

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting old thread (it was this one or a newer one that seemed to have less pricing information and more discussion of other things).

I came in for an oil change at Kearny Mesa Subaru in San Diego, and was told I should consider the 30k service since I'm close. I said sure why not, go for it. "It includes a rental". Nice! "It's going to be about $725" WTF

At first I thought, I don't have time to come again and it's probably the right price even though it's steep, so I said go for it.

While he was getting it all set up, I found this thread on my phone and decided, f*ck it, I'm not going to pay that much, so I asked the guy to cancel it and proceed with just the oil change.

I'm going to have to do some research and see if other dealers will do it for less.

This thread is old, I don't know if the price of this service has gone up that much, but it seems that in 07 and 09 (from the other thread) people have gotten the service for around $400 at a dealer. I'll definitely get it done by a local mechanic if I can't find a decent price, only problem is, I don't know a good local mechanic. Will have to do some research on that.

Wish I had the time to do it myself. *sigh*

ask for a break down of services and hours to back up there quote.

Good idea G. I'll call and ask for that, and also check with the other dealers nearby.

edit: Just called Bob Baker Subaru in El Cajon and I got a quote for $480

Quote includes:

oil filter change

air filter if needed

coolant system service, drain and refill

brake fluid exchange

transmission fluid exchange

front and rear diff fluid replacement

What a difference. Will try to call South Bay Subaru tomorrow, not answering now. Anyone have any experience with them? I bought a Turbo Gasket from their service department a few months ago, but haven't dealt with them more than that.

• 4 weeks later...
Are you guys finding it expensive for the 30k and 60k maintenance as compared to similar cars in the market? I'm potentially in the market for a Legacy 2.5i, and it seems to me that it seems somewhat crazy to have to do a tune up at 30k.

• 2 months later...

I took car of havanahjoes 30k service. I am located in So Cal. My pricing is $360 for a standard 30k service and that includes coming to you and all parts.

Here is my thread;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/im-vendor-now-installs-repairs-mods-make-house-calls-142479.html

If local, I beat all dealer pricing.

I took car of havanahjoes 30k service. I am located in So Cal. My pricing is $360 for a standard 30k service and that includes coming to you and all parts.

Here is my thread;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/im-vendor-now-installs-repairs-mods-make-house-calls-142479.html

If local, I beat all dealer pricing.

And Mike did an awesome job! No dealer around here comes close to his price. :)

you can always get a discount. the reason why its so high is the service guy makes a percentage of that. so he will charge you what ever he wants to. ask for discount they will give it or say you will look for another place. they dont want to lose easy money.

Sorry, they cant do it for my price. First they only "inspect" what I replace. Second, they use standard fluids, heck I use ONLY ExtraS. Third, I come to you, house calls, no dealer does that. Fourth, I charge less than $375 with all parts included. My overhead is lower. I pass the savings on to you.

Sorry, they cant do it for my price. First they only "inspect" what I replace. Second, they use standard fluids, heck I use ONLY ExtraS. Third, I come to you, house calls, no dealer does that. Fourth, I charge less than $375 with all parts included. My overhead is lower. I pass the savings on to you.

well sound good but i have to wait tho cuz im only at at 9k :lol:

If you only made house calls to West Virginia....

When I had mine done it was around 500, but I just bout it at 25k wanted to ensure the dealer signed off on it. Probably the wrong way to go about it all now but I have the car and love it. :) Getting ready to switch out the brakes on all 4 corners this weekend. Stock ones aren't doing anything for me anymore, still work but not as "responsive" that I would like them to be.

• 1 year later...

Hello all. I am due for my 30k service on my 2010 LGT and I was just quoted $625 out the door. Below is an itemized list of what would be done.. What do you think?

30,000 Mile Subaru Service Schedule

Perform at 30,000 Miles, 90,000 Miles, etc

•Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer

•Inspect and adjust all drive belts to factory specifications

•Inspect and ensure cooling fan is operating within factory specifications

•Replace transmission fluid with Subaru High Performance Fluid

•Check to ensure air conditioning and heating systems are operating within factory specifications

•Rotate tires, inspect tread wear and check and adjust tire pressure as needed

•Perform brake system inspection ; pads and/or drums, lines, hoses and fluid

•Inspect suspension system and steering components to ensure factory specifications

•Service battery, clean terminals, install anti-corrosion pads and check battery condition

•Inspect wiper blades and linkage operation

•Lubricate all door, trunk and hood latches and hinges if needed

•Inspect exhaust system and heat shields

•Replace front and rear differential fluid

•Inspect radiator and cooling system

•Adjust emergency brake to within factory specifications if needed

•Replace air filter element

•Inspect steering operation, tie rod ends and steering rack guides per factory specifications

•Inspect all engine and transmission mounts

•Inspect and adjust all fluid levels as needed

•Check all interior and exterior lighting operation

•Replace brake fluid

•Install premium motor oil conditioner (dealer recommended)

•Install premium fuel additive (dealer recommended)

•Factory trained technician to conduct road test

•Replace Pollen Filter every 12,000 miles (if equipped)

•Replace engine coolant and test protection levels

•Replace fuel filter on 2004 and older vehicles only every 30,000 miles

•Replace non-platinum spark plugs 2004 and older every 30,000 miles

•Replace platinum spark plugs 2005 and newer on 4 cylinder engines every 30,000 miles

•Scan EGR system and install software updates as needed (dealer recommended if over 36,000 miles)

•Replace PCV valve every 30,000 miles (dealer recommended)

•Computer balance all four tires (dealer recommended)

•Align all four wheels (dealer recommended)

• 2 weeks later...

We like mike only use top shelf fluids and replace them all at 30k intervals. We also list our pricing right on our website.

http://azpinstalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=79

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpghttp://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/141039922.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived