LegacyGT.com

Updated upgrade maps dvd navigation help?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$238 for the updated map.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand why anyone would pay that for something that doesn't do as much as a Tom Tom, (or others) which cost less, has free life time updates and you can take it with you any where you go or use it in any car.

If the update was few bucks I'd do it, but sorry, not for $238.00

May be I'm missing something here, not like I read about it, but will it give you live traffic updates and re-route you around traffic ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hmm is there a torrent for v8? or even v7?

I've found a v5 online - slowest download ever.

I'd agree with Max Capacity. Why pay that much for to upgrade a 'substandard' nav system when there's other options out there...

That being said, what I'm hoping to do after getting my feedback knock issue sorted out and upgrading the turbo/fuel system is to do the JDM double DIN conversion on the climate control. Get an Android based double DIN head unit with Bluetooth, Google Maps, etc. and replace the stock nav system with a small separate tablet running Torque or similar...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

$238 for the updated map.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand why anyone would pay that for something that doesn't do as much as a Tom Tom, (or others) which cost less, has free life time updates and you can take it with you any where you go or use it in any car.

If the update was few bucks I'd do it, but sorry, not for $238.00

May be I'm missing something here, not like I read about it, but will it give you live traffic updates and re-route you around traffic ?

I'm with you.

My TomTom - live traffic, usable features and life-time map updates. Oddly I rarely use it in the sedan. We use it when we travel.

I posted over in the Interior/Audio forum instructions on how to load up the newest Toyota/Lexus maps in the OEM Subaru navigation. Just did the October 2013 Toyota release in my car last night and it works fine - although I did have to go into calibration and do a Tire Calibration for them to be on point...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

blehh.. I have a major highway in my area that was built in 2010.. just bought an 08 spec B and it's not on the navigation screen.

$228 is ridiculous for a 2004 navigation style gps. I will look for a torrent when I get home but assuming there are none newer than 08 on the torrents, does anyone have an upgrade for the design on the navigation unit? I saw something about adding this? http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/2009_Car_Entertainment/KNA-G510

Archived