LegacyGT.com

Updated upgrade maps dvd navigation help?

ok. The discs in my glove compartment say vers 3 but when i look on my navi screen it says 3100 kenwood, then underneath it it says vers 1... what does this mean? and in my glove comaprtent with the 2 disk dvd navi set, only the west cost disc is in there. Does this mean that the east coast disc is loaded into the navi system? and if so, where do we load the navi disk into?

Under the driver's seat. If you move the seat all the way forward, you'll see the unit and will have access to load the disc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the link...http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1723837/29777202/

I've downloaded it and seems like there is nnothing new but for all the people like me who want to be up to date, here...

It downloads slow cuz there is 1 person but i waited.....

Also it is zipped as .zip wich is a bad compression for the size but if your on windows try to extract with winrar(you'll get an error but it will extract... burn it....and be satisfied

It downloads slow cuz there is 1 person but i waited.....

Also it is zipped as .zip wich is a bad compression for the size but if your on windows try to extract with winrar(you'll get an error but it will extract... burn it....and be satisfied

Thanks for the heads up about the winrar extraction. I thought it was just my issue getting it to extract, didn't think to just ignore the messages. I downloaded it twice thinking it was a download issue. I was one of the few seeding it last week.

Sounds like you can't downlaod this anymore. :(

If you are patient then you can. There is only one seed, and I'm going to see how far I can get before that person stops seeding. If anyone still has this torrent completed I'd be very grateful if you could seed.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me which disk is for what region (East vs West).

The zip has:

464210-8680.iso

464210-8690.iso

But I don't know which one I need for east and I don't want to burn to find out because I only have one dual layer disc left.

Thanks.

If anyone is still interested here are links to sets that still have seeds. They say they are current up to 2008, but they say they are for the navi sets for wrx's, Tribeca's and Foresters. I thought we all had the same navi. I haven't tried them yet, but will give them a shot and see if they work. Anyway here they are.

West

Mid

East

I am not 100% sure, but the kenwood store sells different DVDs for Impreza/WRX/Forester vs Tribeca/Outback/Legacy:

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/products/subaru

If anyone is still interested here are links to sets that still have seeds. They say they are current up to 2008, but they say they are for the navi sets for wrx's, Tribeca's and Foresters. I thought we all had the same navi. I haven't tried them yet, but will give them a shot and see if they work. Anyway here they are.

West

Mid

East

I was able to figure it out with a text editor.

Just in case this helps anyone in the future:

464210-8680.iso --West

464210-8690.iso --East

Can anyone tell me which disk is for what region (East vs West).

The zip has:

464210-8680.iso

464210-8690.iso

But I don't know which one I need for east and I don't want to burn to find out because I only have one dual layer disc left.

Thanks.

This might be a dumb question, but what does the east disc have that the west disc doesn't? I have the west disc in the drive, but the nav will still tell me how to drive to somewhere on the east coast.

This might be a dumb question, but what does the east disc have that the west disc doesn't? I have the west disc in the drive, but the nav will still tell me how to drive to somewhere on the east coast.

I've only used my Navi once and was extremely confused when it said I had to change discs going from WV to OH even though both are supposedly in the East Disc's territory according to the information inside the disc box. I put the West Disc in and all was OK. On the way home, and here at home, the navi displays roads and seems fine, but I haven't needed any help going anywhere so I don't know what's up. From what I can see there is a region in the middle of the coverages that doesn't make sense. Changing discs just to go across the Ohio river is a PITA.

I guess what I'm saying is, just because your disc is for East or West doesn't necessarily ensure you'll have the navi coverage you want.

If anyone is interested, I would be willing to trade a version 3 West for a version 2 West as I have two LEGIT version 3's. Subaru of Canada was nice enough to send me a complimentary version 3 upgrade after pestering them but before I had a chance to put the new disk in, my head unit 'froze up' and had to be replaced. They gave me a new version 3 west disk with the new headunit. I haven't seen any upgrades on the maps in the areas I travel and unless I can't find it, the version 3 disk doesn't have the English guys navigation voice ( I liked Geeves directing me), so I wouldn't mind going back to version 2.

If anyone is interested, I would be willing to trade a version 3 West for a version 2 West as I have two LEGIT version 3's. Subaru of Canada was nice enough to send me a complimentary version 3 upgrade after pestering them but before I had a chance to put the new disk in, my head unit 'froze up' and had to be replaced. They gave me a new version 3 west disk with the new headunit. I haven't seen any upgrades on the maps in the areas I travel and unless I can't find it, the version 3 disk doesn't have the English guys navigation voice ( I liked Geeves directing me), so I wouldn't mind going back to version 2.

I'm willing to trade for your v3. I am experiencing some issues with the NAV as well - did they completely replace yours, or did the upgraded nav dvd fix any issues...?

I was able to figure it out with a text editor.

Just in case this helps anyone in the future:

464210-8680.iso --West

464210-8690.iso --East

That sucks then if I can't use that disk that I am downloading right now. Would you mind seeding the disks you have then? It would be greatly appreciated.

:icon_mrgr

seanlsb - My 'goodies' screens were working like the fuel economy and acceleration page but the nav system and memory (service reminders) would not. If you tried to turn on the maps, all I got was the subaru screen. They ended up replacing the headunit and just asked which disk was in the unit. PM if you are interested in trading the disks and we will sort it out (strangely I want to go back to version 2).

• 4 years later...
SO bumping an OLD thread... anyone know what the latest version of maps available for the 2006 Legacy navigation is? Sounds like 2008 models were the last to use the same style navigation? I could be wrong... wondering what the latest version is and how different it may be... would like updated maps...

Archived