LegacyGT.com

Updated upgrade maps dvd navigation help?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not suggesting we do such. Just asking the question :redface:

I am just a little annoyed that I bought a brand new 08 today and it doesn't come with the latest software on the Nav.

just call them and they will send it to you, my 08 was the same way.

Snowfiend - did you get the update for your '08 from the dealership or Subaru directly? My '08 is the same and I attempted to get the update from Subaru Canada and they politely told me to go out and buy one.

Snowfiend - did you get the update for your '08 from the dealership or Subaru directly? My '08 is the same and I attempted to get the update from Subaru Canada and they politely told me to go out and buy one.

I just called Subaru directly. I'm in the US though so your results may vary. they called it an "one time act of kindness" or something like that :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I asked SoA for some new discs since mine are copyright 2003. I bought my 07 B in mid-07 from a dealer as a demo vehicle with 10k miles on it. This is what they said:

David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are pleased to learn that you are enjoying your 2007 Legacy 2.5GT Spec B Sedan. We appreciate your brought your request and feedback on the Navigation System discs/maps in your vehicle to our attention. When your vehicle was manufactured, it was equipped with the only discs/maps available for the Navigation System. Updated discs did not become available until the beginning of calendar years 2007 and then again for 2008. Subaru of America has set up guidelines for providing updated discs at discounted or no cost. As your vehicle was equipped with the only discs available and you purchased your vehicle as an 'as is' used vehicle, we will not be providing the discs at a discounted or no cost.

I understand that this is not the response that you were hoping for. However, I do hope that you understand our position.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Sooo....v3.0 images anyone??

What a waste the navigation disks are, I was on a trip over the weekend and I noticed that the map was a little out of date. For some sections of the major highway I was travelling on, the navigation system showed the old section of the highway before they added lanes and changed part of its course. This work was done 20 years ago!!!

Well I asked SoA for some new discs since mine are copyright 2003. I bought my 07 B in mid-07 from a dealer as a demo vehicle with 10k miles on it. This is what they said:

David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are pleased to learn that you are enjoying your 2007 Legacy 2.5GT Spec B Sedan. We appreciate your brought your request and feedback on the Navigation System discs/maps in your vehicle to our attention. When your vehicle was manufactured, it was equipped with the only discs/maps available for the Navigation System. Updated discs did not become available until the beginning of calendar years 2007 and then again for 2008. Subaru of America has set up guidelines for providing updated discs at discounted or no cost. As your vehicle was equipped with the only discs available and you purchased your vehicle as an 'as is' used vehicle, we will not be providing the discs at a discounted or no cost.

I understand that this is not the response that you were hoping for. However, I do hope that you understand our position.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Sooo....v3.0 images anyone??

Not to worry, the 3.0 disc is approximately 0% better...what a waste!

ok. The discs in my glove compartment say vers 3 but when i look on my navi screen it says 3100 kenwood, then underneath it it says vers 1... what does this mean? and in my glove comaprtent with the 2 disk dvd navi set, only the west cost disc is in there. Does this mean that the east coast disc is loaded into the navi system? and if so, where do we load the navi disk into?

Archived